Will nitrous work on a stock 26cc

zignzag

People don't usually like that upgrade, nitro bottle won't give much performance and for $195 you can put towards a nicer engine that will give you better performance all the time than a little nitro bottle that may just give you a few seconds. Best bet is to call obr and ask if its worth it getting that upgrade since its from them I'm guessing or go with a nicer engine as said above. Obr does have nice upgrades though so it may be a good one but I'd still give them a ring

Last edited:

Dave SWE

Be careful with this NoS....
It generates insane amount of power....and heat!
Just pushing the NoS inside without adding more oil and lubrication will kill the engine in notime.
Looks cool though!
:D

blues2k3

most likely will harm the two bolt prematurely. I have used it on a four bolt for quite some time. Need proper tune and setup in order for it to be effective.

gearhead

I guess its time for my 2 cents ive been running the juice in 2 strokes for for 28 years putting them in 1/4 scale cars chain saw engines. I run them in some of my 1/5 scale stuff it doesnt hurt a 2 bolt or 4 as long as you dont lean it. It will run cooler have way more power I see it on the track and on my dyno its not for every one mostly for drag racers or wanting that little extra .you can fog thats running it threw your filter 1 to 2 hp gain the safest way .You can use several different nozzels but remember lean richen carb or you can tap and run it in your manifold you have to watch your nozzles you can burn a hole in piston 2 to 3 hp gain or go with the one I like 2 stage a five hp gain you need an elcetric fuel pump like for scooters . Fogging there will be a delay before it hits manafold tap or 2 stage theirs no lag while in use you will have to richen a little or run more oil all these hp gains will be differnt depends on the engine builder set up tune ect . Sure nitrous can hurt an engine so can im proper tune run 5 tanks pull the engine down and see if you see a lot of scaring you ran to lean and didnt know it is their more scaring a top middle bottom or all over it will tell you how you set up your tune . If you run hot back fires misses leans out while spray is on its improper tune no one is an expert at it if you want to use it you will have to tinker with it. I cant say what the other builders are doing with their engines I build test tune my own but ill help any one that wants to run nitrous .I use small refillables bottles from nx for my 5ts and sneaky pete for the 1/4 scale cars .

Baja5bOBR

My bro bought them boost bottles yrs ago and came with the Nos, he never run the Nos on the stock 26ss untill it was toast anyway. But yes it did work and went like stink, evan with an already naffed engine. Flames was coming out the header, no exhaust just header lol.
This total killed the engine but was running it to the max, it was good fun and well worth finishing the engine off this way.
He had a 2 speed on and pulled a 22 gear like 1st, and wheelies was no prob once hit 2nd it lifted.
Tuck the engine out and the piston had a nice hole in it, and the piston and bore was burned blue.
Suppose it would run proper if set up proper, but TBH spend the cost of the kit plus refills on a nice reliable engine.

Vlooiebaal

I have tested a set like this on a Zenoah boat engine and it works.....
If correct placed and adjusted, it give's a absurd lot of power.. but....

The New boat engine was warn out in 2 tanks and needed a total fixup.
The piston, topend, bearings ware all dead....

But... a 38.900 RPM was mesurred.. :D

logon69

I have tested a set like this on a Zenoah boat engine and it works.....
If correct placed and adjusted, it give's a absurd lot of power.. but....

The New boat engine was warn out in 2 tanks and needed a total fixup.
The piston, topend, bearings ware all dead....

But... a 38.900 RPM was mesurred.. :D
That can't be right 39,000 rpm? Nos doubled the rpm?

IETZR1S

What size jet was that .009?
I ran jets .008 through .012.... The .012 jetting got me 10mph

here is a video using .008 jetting. it was worth 6mph. You will here the spray hit at the 1.28 mark in the time line.

[ame]http://youtu.be/ICYhWPCL08M[/ame]

Last edited:

Bahabob

That can't be right 39,000 rpm? Nos doubled the rpm?
No not 39,000.... 38.9 because after the engine melted down that was all they could get pulling on the starter with a 20 mule team.

Nitrous oxide on these engine is a waste of time.
A bottle is short shot, but a good pipe design that works with the ports will run all day. and not ruin your engine.