Which crank for your reed case

baja5baddict

I will be purchasing 4 bolt billet reed case from DDM. Part #353, which crank can I use? I still have the cy 26cc engine on my 5SC. I also will be purching your headkit. Part #cc345 36mm. Can I use 2mm stuffed crank or do I have to use the zenoah crank? Thanks for what looks to be an outstanding product.:clap:

jbooker82

The dome that the head kit comes with is for a +2mm crank. I plan on running a +2 RCMK crank in mine. If I wasn't going to be running the RCMK crank I would probably go with a non stuffed Zenoah crank over a stuffed cy crank.

erik

The dome that the head kit comes with is for a +2mm crank. I plan on running a +2 RCMK crank in mine. If I wasn't going to be running the RCMK crank I would probably go with a non stuffed Zenoah crank over a stuffed cy crank.
Why not stuffed?

jbooker82

Why not stuffed?
I just thought I would run the knife edged RCMK crank. I kind of look at it this way. If the cranks are made out of relitvly the same density of material and their weights fairly close wich they are then both cranks should occupy the same crank case volume. I wanted to get a graduated cylinder so I could measure the volume of a full circle crank compaired to a half or 1/3 circle RCMK crank, but I ended up building the motor.