weight of a stock 5b chassis

Hpibajajumper

i am wondering if anybody knows the weight of just the bare chassis. im trying to see if the kraken x3 chassis is lighter then the stock chassis or is it heavier.

sam423

Is a kraken x3 chassis stronger than a standard? Is stiff enough to flex, without bending? (Im thinking of there where the front top plate bolt on) I know the Chassis nose is stronger!!
Kraken RC X3 is the next generation Hi-Tech Chassis developed for the HPI Baja Series with newly re-engineered
Super Tough Polymer and fused with 4mm steel plate in the front kick up. IMHO i would say its lighter, tougher and more resistant to bending being 12mm thick in the front and 10 mm thick on the bottom,if it does bend it just flexes back. I run the x2 on my 5b and i love it. The hd top plate is a must have if you upgrade to this chassis in my opinion, i beleive i remember reading somewhere that u have a stainless top plate, that should work well. plus if you break it kraken has a no questions asked 3 time replacement warranty from what i understand.

philipkuhn

Thank you Sam. Good Info.
Kraken must built a front top plate to!! My car take all its hits at the front. It will be excellent if the front flex and is also stiff enough to take the punishment. I have a ss-top plate, if the chassis flex, it still bends the top plat, that’s my problem.