Washington State

mongosmash

yea that track up in deer park even has an oval! I spoke to him a couple weeks ago he said if we give him notice he would put on a fifth scale race and build the track to suit! he has all of the equipment great dirt nice tower the whole nine!

driffter

Just wanted to post up an event in Sequim next weekend on Saturday the 12th.

Sequim has an irrigation festival every year and this year they are having lawn mower races on an oval that just happens to the rite size for 5th scale. In between races they have ask if the 5th scale guys would like to run the track. I went out this weekend and took a couple pf laps with the 5b and the losi. The track is still rough but has potential when they finish it. There is also a small crawler coarse being set up that will also be fun.
There will be a family friendly fireworks display and party on Friday along with a logging show and other events following on Saturday.
I'll try to post some pics of the track and crawler coarse if I can get over there before Friday.

Another plus is the weather forecast looks great.

Last edited:

tapkoote

dirt oval

Just wanted to post up an event in Sequim next weekend on Saturday the 12th.

Sequim has an irrigation festival every year and this year they are having lawn mower races on an oval that just happens to the rite size for 5th scale. In between races they have ask if the 5th scale guys would like to run the track. I went out this weekend and took a couple pf laps with the 5b and the losi. The track is still rough but has potential when they finish it. There is also a small crawler coarse being set up that will also be fun.
There will be a family friendly fireworks display and party on Friday along with a logging show and other events following on Saturday.
I'll try to post some pics of the track and crawler coarse if I can get over there before Friday.

Another plus is the weather forecast looks great.
any updates here on the oval?

tapkoote

The lawn mower races have came and gone but the oval remains and is open to any one who wants to run.

The track is great for the baja's only problem is it's dusty but you could always travel another 15 miles to my track ;)
drifter
did you guys run at the mower races?
does your track have an oval layout?
tap

tapkoote

Skagit speedway

I ran across an old vid on tube
anyone know of these guys?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAa9IGxSTAs[/ame]
tap

Reaper1

Revival from the dead...I just moved to Everett and am looking for placed to bash my 5T. Any suggestions? The local hobby shops have not been much help. :(

Reaper1

Thanks for the invite! I just looked at the posts and on the map...man if I had my own personal helicopter I'd be set! (then again, I'd just build a track! LOL) I'll keep my eyes open on this thread and if there are carpools or something coming out next season I'll certainly try to make it!