Vertigo Performance Quick Change Clutch Bell Carrier

silverss

lol sorry clayton , its my mistake . did some more digging . ok i am using the standard shaft bearing size 12mm blackbone bell . i will need to change to the 15mm shaft size blackbone bell . very simple . but like i said the bit that the pinion slides onto could be shorter because of the 2mm increase.

Nenavist

I got mine in the mail today. The TR 1 piece appears to fit fine. I use the Phat Dad engine braces and the one on the right will need to go to the way side in order to use the Vertigo setup. I have came into an issue with the symsteer brake mount as well Carpy. Great work Clayton.

VertigoPerformance

Although we designed the carrier to be compatible with a 3mm stock brace, when using a 4mm brace you just need to dremel material off the backside of the carrier plate. The area where the brace fits was designed specifically to accommodate this modification.

What's the issue with the symsteer brake mount?

Last edited:

Carp Boyz

I got mine in the mail today. The TR 1 piece appears to fit fine. I use the Phat Dad engine braces and the one on the right will need to go to the way side in order to use the Vertigo setup. I have came into an issue with the symsteer brake mount as well Carpy. Great work Clayton.
well that's not good to hear,what seems ta be the problem with the Symsteer?

I'm sure it's a somewhat easy fix,hopefully

and it just wouldn't be a custom build if it wasn't lol

VertigoPerformance

DDM now has The Vertigo Performance Easy access clutch carrier in stock..

There is an error in description..
To check clutch wear on this version requires removal of the Carrier plate..
About 3 minutes total removal and reinstall time.

Checking for clutch wear will be possible with future optional versions which will have the fully open spacer unit. (Spacer unit is the pce with VERTIGO printed on it.

http://www.davesmotors.com/vertigo-61680-easy-access-clutch-system-hpi-baja-5b-5t.html61680 available at Daves Motors

VertigoPerformance

Here's a quick video of maintenance install.. I didn't install the spur gear, only the carrier and cover..
I'm sorry the video is so short, Ok, no I'm not ;)
Check the time stamp... 1 minute, 18 seconds.. Add a few more for the spur gear and you've got a pretty quick install.

VertigoPerformance

The spacer plate is open on the bottom and the rear. Loads of cooling with a little less chance of dirt getting into the clutch as could happen with a fully opened unit.

Last edited:

VertigoPerformance

Another feature I neglected to mention, with the carrier plate being one piece the spur gear shaft and the bell pinion shaft are always in alignment which should eliminate gear mesh issues common with other carriers on the market.