Unfair advantage?

big maestro

I want to race this track one day it looks good and the guys spend alot of time on it Good work boys
That was Dons car at diggers. You know some say Diggers would'nt even qualify as an oval in their parts. LMAO

Last edited:
Thread starter #42

TXbaja

Lots of good opinions here guys. Just like it was already stated above. If it was a sponsored event then I would think that only the same class should run together. However, in a friendly non-sponsored event I believe in running what you brought. Just understand the consequences.

Also I should have mention I was merely just typing about baja converted into sprints cars running along side of EDMs and or Buggy. I'll probly never buy a full blown spring conversion cause I can't find any. Lol!

stsguy

get out your wallet and rob your wife's too

I think the aluminum framed sprint is a 2200. $ roller
.that's OK if 30 other people have one but that's a lot to race yourself

See ya march 2. PS obr is sending us some goodies for the track. Banners and giveaways so be there
Lots of good opinions here guys. Just like it was already stated above. If it was a sponsored event then I would think that only the same class should run together. However, in a friendly non-sponsored event I believe in running what you brought. Just understand the consequences.

Also I should have mention I was merely just typing about baja converted into sprints cars running along side of EDMs and or Buggy. I'll probly never buy a full blown spring conversion cause I can't find any. Lol!

Thread starter #44

TXbaja

I think the aluminum framed sprint is a 2200. $ roller
.that's OK if 30 other people have one but that's a lot to race yourself

See ya march 2. PS obr is sending us some goodies for the track. Banners and giveaways so be there
I plan on bringing couple of giveaway items as well. See ya

rednec_d

If you have the baja already a conversion isn't so bad. To a newcomer it a lot because you have the initial cost of the rig. My steel Leafdale cage was only $200 shipped with panels and wings. A local guy is losely basing his own cage off it. His can be unbolted in minutes to run a different class and his is chrome moly TIG welded. Get one and run or maybe get a couple guys to invest and you would be surprised at how many will follow. I was since I went from the only sprint to now 3 others and that was just one off season!

stsguy

how is it?

Well from read the back post I must ask.... is it faster .lol is it a flipper because of top weight? And the big one how long do the wings last!!!!!!!!!! Hell send me some pics I have a extra Baja. I may build one for fun anyway.. ...r u running grooved tires t nobs

If you have the baja already a conversion isn't so bad. To a newcomer it a lot because you have the initial cost of the rig. My steel Leafdale cage was only $200 shipped with panels and wings. A local guy is losely basing his own cage off it. His can be unbolted in minutes to run a different class and his is chrome moly TIG welded. Get one and run or maybe get a couple guys to invest and you would be surprised at how many will follow. I was since I went from the only sprint to now 3 others and that was just one off season!

rednec_d

Not top heavy at all. We spin out rather than flip. All this talk of is it faster comes down to the motor, traction, and skill. This is like asking if a team chase or kraken cage slows down a baja. It's just a bolt on. Suspension and everything is still HPI. I had some nasty flips due to run an unprepared track and my wing only had a rivet break. My new wings are only lexan now so it will be more durable and I may make it attach with Velcro to allow it to come loose in high impact situation. Tires I run are stock dirt busters or mini mx v2. Others prefer chaos tires.

First one is mine with lexan front wing and stock roof. Second is my spare chassis I sold next to the Speedy D chassis soon to be in production.