Umm can this get fixed?

Foxracing

I am rebuilding my baja to put a new motor/ re do everything and had a bolt start coming out just fine then bond up and strip out and tryed the normal cut a Slot in it but just can get it out

Yes I retried with a second slot.

silverss

make the slot deeper then heat the screw head with a jet lighter blow torch right on the head of the screw once you think its nice and hot . it should unscrew out really easy .

PSH72

Just drill it, with a smaller dril till you get the head of the screw out, then its easy to take off when you get the plate out, its how I did to mine once.

jbooker82

I would have put some valve grinding compound on the allen wrench before it slipped and rounded the head out. It gives the wrench traction to keep it from slipping.

Carp Boyz

Quit slotting it and drill the head off.
Drilling the head off is THE EASIEST way to remove a stripped screw, period.
+1 found that out a long time ago

the gear plate screws are famous for that,just like the four screws that hold the front top plate on

they're not really seized as we would think,it's more like an expansion seize,once you drill the head off a lot of times you can remove the rest by hand,just don't drill too much of the head off,you gotta have something to grab onto

one little thing I've learnt is to replace the screws,where ever possible, with screws that are a few mm's longer,this way you have something to grab onto from the backside when/if possible

one thing we do try first after stripping the hex head out is to find a socket with a slightly larger hex or even square,torx head and hammer it in,8 out of 10 times we'll get it out,most of the times just tapping/hammering in the socket will help loosen it

we have quite a fleet of bajas here to maintain and after awhile of trial and error you figure out these little tricks,searching the forums and asking questions is also a big help

good luck brotha

Last edited:

Foxracing

Thanks for the advice everyone I drilled the head off and nothing heat nothing. So it looking like I have to order a new clutch system. Kinda sucks but oh well