Turtle Racing Losi 5ive Airfilter box for Baja filter

TurtleRacing

Media
I have been racing off road since I was 4yrs old and the first lesson learned, always use the best possible air filter and always keep it clean. We have tested all filters available for the Losi 5ive and the Baja air filter is the best available for 1/5 scale off-road. Sure there are filters that flow better, but I prefer keep the dirt out of my motors and I will not sacrifice a little air flow to allow dirt to ruin my motors.
We have developed an air box to adapt the Baja air filter to the Losi 5ive. With more than double the surface area of the Losi filter you will have longer run times, no more filter cages falling apart and the filter will no longer be close to the cage/body, even with a reed case motor. If you have been running a reed case in your Losi then you will absolutely be thrilled with being able to just drop the body on. The Turtle Racing Airbox is made of 6061 Billet Aluminum and has cooling fins all the way. The air filter box keeps the filter as low as possible for low center of gravity and it is very lightweight. The position of the filter is no longer in the path of dirt being thrown off of the front tire. The air filter position allows for good clean air flow. The Losi 5ive is not a top fuel dragster or a weed whacker, it is an Off-road race machine, we made a filter system for Off-road racing. Turtle Racing is not responsible for your motor, it is the user’s responsibility to properly install and maintain your air filter, including during operation.
Available in Raw or Blue ano.
We will also have a version available for "clamp on" style filters.

Look at all the room!

Straight on side view.

So low you can barely see it.

Modified RC

Nice work Dave! I've been running the prototype part with no issues at all, but I like the o-ring and other details that you added to the final product.

It would be nice if this also fits the new DB XL, which looks like the filter is very close to the roll cage in stock form.

Oli&Ril77's

Nice work Dave! I've been running the prototype part with no issues at all, but I like the o-ring and other details that you added to the final product.

It would be nice if this also fits the new DB XL, which looks like the filter is very close to the roll cage in stock form.
+1 on the DB XL, I just received it yesterday and the filter is touching the body panel. Once this new TR piece is ready for sale from the distributors and I buy and receive it, I will give it a go and report back!

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
That is ONE SWEET PIECE Dave, :drool:
I don't have a 5ive either but damn I would buy that just to say I got one!! :D

TurtleRacing

Media
Here are some pics of it mounted to my dirty Reed Case during testing so forgive the dirt please.

By the way, we had OBR Dyno test the box apples to apples and it actually created a touch more power. Nothing to brag about at all, but the good news is, there is NO loss of power and that was my biggest concern. I was happy to see no loss in power.

Courage68

Any updates if this fits the DBXL ?

---------edit------- found my answer ... No ..

Any chance for a DBXL version?

Last edited:

Courage68

I will be working on a DBXL version for sure. I think that rig is going to need one worse than the 5ive.
Yeah the stock filter is junk. It came over oiled to the point the engine wouldn't run past idle. cleaned both elements still same thing but not as bad. We just run it with out the inner filter for now.

TurtleRacing

Media
Yeah the stock filter is junk. It came over oiled to the point the engine wouldn't run past idle. cleaned both elements still same thing but not as bad. We just run it with out the inner filter for now.

Yeah, when I got my DBXL I tried blowing through the filter and I turned blue! Can't believe they put that thing on there, but there's a list......