Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go stock now, replace with Turtle later

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Drink beer and stop worrying about this

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

powerstroke

Money is getting tight at this time of year but I need to commit to using the stock diff housing or purchase the Turtle Quick Diff. I would hate to use the stock one and then have to tear it down to install the quick diff in the future. Should I do it now or later?:*(

Carp Boyz

as you said,money is tight,up-grade later

time for a beer

all joking aside we run nothing but OBR pro-stocks and full-mods here and we haven't blown one up yet,worse thing being we've swapped out the old plastic stockers with a new stocker every couple of years

skeeters65

Upgrade it later when and if it breaks.

It only takes 15 minutes to pull the entire trans out of the car. Maybe an hour job total to swap. Not a big deal to have to do in the future..

Enjoy a beer and the holiday!!

Fiddy

did your current 1 break?
and wondering about replacement?
or just wondering if you should upgrade now or later?

my whole trans split, got the tr and haven't worried about it since
+1 tr quick diff

powerstroke

did your current 1 break?
and wondering about replacement?
or just wondering if you should upgrade now or later?

my whole trans split, got the tr and haven't worried about it since
+1 tr quick diff
No Fiddy, building a brand new kit. Nothing broken. You didn't choose beer option? WTF?

Fiddy

No Fiddy, building a brand new kit. Nothing broken. You didn't choose beer option? WTF?
me knowing what i know now
if i were to build another baja 2 of my first upgrades would be the trans and clutch to tr

but if you plan to stay stock motor 23/26cc stock may last for a while :)

and that was my second option! lol but i could only pick 1 :(

ctdave

I have been running the stocker for about 4 years now and other than regular maints. it's still going strong.

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
I say go Turtle its only $$ :laugh:
Just kidding if you can save the money and put it towards something else right now do it, I have not seen to many guys running stock like set ups blow up the tranny so if you aren't going to run a SIKK motor right now leave it stock and upgrade more important things..

zignzag

Just depends on your budget. If you can afford the tr quick diff then get it now while you build it. There may be a fitting issue with it but I could be just a certain way you need to install the quick diff if I remember right some diffs didn't line up to good with the square intentation on the chassis but you may just need to loosen a few bolts here and there to get it to fit in then tighten up the bolts around it I'm guessing. I still use the plastic tranny case as I don't mind spending the extra time disassembling in that area.