TS motor and TPS redrace ignition

turboglenn

If it weren't for the 250 dollar price tag i would have already had prints for an adapter on file :D i'm waiting on one of these for my top speed search for those last few hundred RPM and if you can't do it already i'll build in adjustable timing as well for the same reason.

I'm sure the adapter would be fairly easy for anyone with a mill to produce, i just don't think anyone's worked on it yet as there's not too many of these units being used or at least talked about by the members here, and i don't get on other RC forums much

turboglenn

WEll if anyone who has had me do work for them before or just knows and trusts to send one to me i'll prototype the adapter and give one for free to who ever sends the one in for me to model it with

turboglenn

hmm.. i'll take pics but i can't make something and be sure it will work based on pics alont... hopefully things pick up for me and i'll jsut get one and make the adapters and go public with them. thansk though, i apreciate it..and i'll take the pics still cause if it's easy enough that i can make it and people maybe drill 2 holes to mount the exterior plate then it might be possble with pics

I was on the phoine wiith trevor for almost 2 hours today and forgot to ask him about inner rotor ignition use on this scale and if he's ever messed with it :(

logon69

Dubster4life has the M1 FG ignition system on his TS. The M1 FG has a M1 28mm specific crank to use woth the flywheen and the pickup.
There was a special plate made up to make the pickup mount to the engine.

turboglenn

cool.. got links to pics?

I'm gonna try and see about some iner rotor style flywheels and pickups along with CDI boxes that we use in small 2 and 4 stroke motorcross racing and adapting something over :D

this will eb a long time from now cause i got a 2 sped to concentrate on but, it's on my list of current projects. whcih has about 9 things i've never een spoke about (ok 8, the on road baja chassis is basically done and i've mentioned tht here :p 0

hulk

That trevor simpson was built for drag racing .
this was a sick combo very responsive rev happy..
if u want a plate Logon69 or I can get U in contact with the person that had the plate made...

hulk

Guess u guy want to wait for trevor in stead of contacting logon69 who has a friend who had the plate made and the cnc guy already has the program..

logon69

I'm working on way for you guys to run these ignitions with my case, I'll update you when I have more info.
We already did it but ours was with the M1 ignition thay uses a custom crank 28mm crank ONLY! Not sure if all of the dimentions are the same. I no longer have the engine forum member Dubster4life does!

Big RC Parts

This is actually an exact copy of the original Modelsport IT version.
The difference from what I can see is this kit does not come with the balanced full circle crank like the M1 kit does, of course the price difference is a world a part, I just hope the quality isn't.

www.modellsport.it