TS Domes

jbooker82

Can you run a 1mm crank with a standard stroke 13:1 dome? Hopefully there will be enough clearance and just be higher compression.
I wouldnt. As well of machined pieces TS makes, I am sure he has the proper clearance setup for the correct dome / crank combo. I would highly doubt he would leave so much extra room to get away with running a +1 crank. I would try a +2mm 15:1 dome with a +1 crank before I would try a stock stroke dome with a +1 crank.

Last edited:

jbooker82

Here is the info from my last T.S. Head kit.

Avalable Domes:

13:1 Stock Stroke 91 Octane
13:1 +1mm Stroke 91 Octane
15:1 +1mm Stroke 110 Octane
17:1 +1mm Storke 120 Octane or Methanol
13:1 +2mm Stroke 91 Octane
15:1 +2mm Stroke 110 Octane

I dont know if you could get away with running a +1 crank with a stock stroke dome. You might try emailing T.S. to see if he has a dome he could sell you. He is a pretty buisy guy and if you keep it short and sweet you will get what you need.

Your other option would be to stack a second gasket under the cylinder. I would prefer to run the correct dome because when you start stacking gaskets your changing the port timings by raising the cylinder.

josh

matty5b

Had a reply for Trevor via email and he has said you can run a +1 crank in any of the 36mm kits even if the dome does not say a size or is a standard stroke. Am sure that would also go for the 34mm and 32mm kits too.