Trevor Simpson

logon69

Are we talking the his reed case alone or a complete Trevor Simpson setup with his ported head?

For me the Trevor Simpson is a piece of artwork with that achieved cooling fin head kit. I have two reed case based engines. One ported by the man himself Trevor Simpson and another one ported by Chris Bartolone. Either porters port work is amazingly beautiful and performs very well. With my Trevor I run the 30.5 setup and with the Bartolone I run it as a 29.5. Both are very different. The 29.5 has more bottom end while the 30.5 has more top end.

Last edited:

maxit

They are an amazing motor I have two of them with the limited addition heads.

One is a 28.5 reves to 23,ooo rpm at 83.5 mph 28/46 gearing fuel ratio 28to1 and 120mm tires.

The other is a 27.2 long road custom by him it's a animal, the workman ship is amazing his porting work is up there with the best if not the best.

Last edited:

RDucky47

Trevor was the innovator. His engines are the best of the best. If you contact him for an engine his engines are very comparable to other manufacturers in terms of price, however if you go through a third party, the mark up is incredible.

a2btow

I also run a TS 30.5 reed engine & I'm extremely happy with it's performance. It was my first "big" motor and have had my most trouble free time with my Baja whilst the TS motor has been in :cool:

jimsjamz

Trevor was the innovator. His engines are the best of the best. If you contact him for an engine his engines are very comparable to other manufacturers in terms of price, however if you go through a third party, the mark up is incredible.
Cool thanx much for the info. That helped a ton and saved me some $$ as well .

jimsjamz

Do you have a link to his web site ?

RPezz50

One is a 28.5 reves to 23,ooo rpm at 83.5 mph 28/46 gearing fuel ratio 28to1 and 120mm tires.

The other is a 27.2 long road custom by him it's a animal, the workman ship is amazing his porting work is up there with the best if not the best.

I have that same one with the black cooling head. I had 3 ts motors 1was a complete set up that was a 27.2 and my other 2 where ESP/TS 30.5 and the other was a ESP/TS 29.5. Both are Insane motors but I like the 29.5 the best has Awesome Low end and still rev very high.

maxit

More than 20,000 rpm, the two crank bearings and the crank shaft in the crank case would not last long especially if you run with the 28 to 1 oil ratio.
Yes quite easy, over 20,000 rpm do the math on the speed calculator I hit 134:5 kph 3 years ago & 28 to 1 what is recommended to run them with 120mm tires with a 28/46 gear that was available at the time if I had a larger gear well who knows what speed it would of been and yes I could of run larger tires but the car sits well low to the ground. Chris baritone hit over 92mph in his 27.2 T/s long rod on Methanol.

Here is a test with some load 23450 rpm with a oldfield ecu.

http://s614.beta.photobucket.com/user/maxit_02/media/IMG_0051.mp4.html

And here is my t/s at the Australian speed challenge and was running all day & still have the same engine with no problem.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Krln2Chnug&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

This is off my Bzm 50cc site page 4 post# 72

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113164&highlight=Maxit&page=4

Last edited:

sidewayzbajass

Thats

That's AMAZING :eek: