Trevor Simpson engine club

logon69

Ya been idling a lot in my yard, ill try to keep that from happening. I run 93 with 15% ethanol. The gas stations are bad here. That's why I'm going with vp..only non ethanol choice for me. Thanks guys!
Idling is what fouls out the plug. Idling does not allow enough heat to be built up in the engine in order to properly burn off the oil. It is NOT the gasoline brah. The oil is what causes the fouling. Now also the plug is not trash either after that happens. All you need is a spark plug cleaner, sand, and an air compressor to get the plug as good as new again. I have been using the same batch of plugs for several years now. They foul, I clean it, and good as new again.

reedcase_chris

Good deal.., i took the motor out for some real time trashing and this modded 1048 is just way to big for the low side of this ts 29.5 motor. I found the threshold of the low side and have it right up on the edge and its still pig rich right before it hits the high side.. top end is amazing tho. Going with 6oz of oil on this next batch and just more carb tweeking. Whats the max temp on these motors? I was running about 250-260 after heavy wot passes.

Baja5bOBR

Id say that's well within range, heat soaking applies and only what I've red around 356f 180c

Last edited:

reedcase_chris

Very good the breaking point i found where it runs peak i get spikes up to 300 f. Its just a little richer to run in the 250 range..if 360 is the case then i might run it a little leaner. Thanks alot.

logon69

Good deal.., i took the motor out for some real time trashing and this modded 1048 is just way to big for the low side of this ts 29.5 motor. I found the threshold of the low side and have it right up on the edge and its still pig rich right before it hits the high side. top end is amazing tho.
Had the EXACT same experience. Too rich down low and too lean up high

reedcase_chris

Had the EXACT same experience. Too rich down low and too lean up high
Its a love hate relationship since there isnt much of a bottom end and it just rips right onto the pipe. Did you do a carb change to fix it or did you live with it? Its not THAT bad to deal with but i am going to try s giz modded 771 and a 990.

logon69

Its a love hate relationship since there isnt much of a bottom end and it just rips right onto the pipe. Did you do a carb change to fix it or did you live with it? Its not THAT bad to deal with but i am going to try s giz modded 771 and a 990.

Yup. I installed a 990 and low end is dramatically better and I was able to give it a proper tune on the upper end. Best carb I tried with the TS. The 668 and 813 were tried as well but overall I liked the 990

reedcase_chris

Yup. I installed a 990 and low end is dramatically better and I was able to give it a proper tune on the upper end. Best carb I tried with the TS. The 668 and 813 were tried as well but overall I liked the 990
Awesome i am hard torn on selling mine. I'm getting the rcmax46 and trying to do everything in my power to keep the ts. I had a issue with the lower fan inlets on the back getting clogged. I have the mesh but that gets clogged quick, I'm going to get the outer wears for the case. I really want to keep the ts ,, fingers crossed that i'll be able to.

logon69

I wasn't a fan of the outerwear a on the engine case. I think it actually plugged up worse when grass gets in there.
The 46 is going to be exactly nothing like a TS. Can't compare that monster to a small block of sorts.

reedcase_chris

Most deffently.. I'm waiting for the price to be advertised so i can get my ducks in a row I've sent a few emails to chris but have heard nothing. The ts is a great motor tho just gotta find a way to keep the inlet free..or not bash in the one spot i kept going to.

reedcase_chris

Im waiting for the priced to be announced on the rcmax before i get my ducks in a row and decided what to do with the TS. Ive sent a few emails to chris but have not heard anything back yet. I really want to keep the ts tho it does not stop ripping.