Trevor Simpson engine club

reedcase_chris

Ok thanks, ill try it with a 990.. i bought it as a long block, its a screamer, the owner had videos from this years power jam and it was a screamer.

SuHast22

spacers on fan cover

Hello I have the TS fan cover with timing adjustment and i don´t unerstand where the machned aluminum spacers go. Can anyone help?

MelSelecta101

I think you have to cut the original head coil mounts to fit the coil. the spacers are for the coil to mount to the cover is my guess. I'm sure someone will have a answer after opening gifts.

SuHast22

Yes I thought that would be for the coil but the holes are too small to attach the coil using the stock coil mounting screws?

logon69

Yes I thought that would be for the coil but the holes are too small to attach the coil using the stock coil mounting screws?

I have owned the TS cover in the past but the one I had the spacers built into the adjustable part of the cover. Can you possible post a pic of what you mean?

reedcase_chris

Anyone know where trevor is stashing the head kits at?!? Im going to just get a whole new top end with his head kit, i dont think ill hear anything back until after the first of the year tho.

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Anyone know where trevor is stashing the head kits at?!? Im going to just get a whole new top end with his head kit, i dont think ill hear anything back until after the first of the year tho.
Almost anything with TS name on it is hard to get, you might want to try contacting DDM they have a pretty good relationship with Trevor and if anyone can get new parts from him it would be them. I don't think he has logged onto HBF in quiet awhile..

Here's the last contact info I had from him
510-882-4163
Email [email protected]

Hope you can find what your looking for..

a2btow

Needing some help

I've been running a TS 30.5 motor for the past year without issues. Today I went for a bash & noticed my coil had backed out . After removing the fan cover I notice the bottom coil mount which is attached to the head had broken off.
So I removed the head and piston looks great but now I need to replace the head.
This is where I've hit a brick wall , I cannot find a TS replacement head . It seems everywhere i look there out of stock :hammer:
What are my options ?

reedcase_chris

What do you guys run for your premix ratios in your TS motors. Im unsure what trevor recommends but i did a 28:1 mix with amsoil dominator and its to much. I get ooz from the exhaust and I've fouled a plug. I'm almost done with the gallon, ill be doing a 32:1 on my next batch.

logon69

20:1 is what Trevor recommends

Amsoil runs a little dirty in my reeds from my experience. You will always get ooze from the exhaust.
Personally, I recommend maxima castor 927. I Have had great results with it @ 20:1

Last edited:

reedcase_chris

Makes sense being at wot.. what would cause the plug fouling? ? I mean it loads up real quick at idle, i had a little more than 4oz's and she was smoking my yard out . I'm just going to have to keep messing with the carb and get some race gas in it. The pump fuel is horrible round here even tho that wouldn't cause the plug issue. What gap are you guys running on your plugs?

Last edited:

DIMBLEWAMBiE

Makes sense being at wot.. what would cause the plug fouling? ? I mean it loads up real quick at idle, i had a little more than 4oz's and she was smoking my yard out . I'm just going to have to keep messing with the carb and get some race gas in it. The pump fuel is horrible round here even tho that wouldn't cause the plug issue. What gap are you guys running on your plugs?
87 octane is all you'll ever need. I'm guessing your way rich and that's loading it up and killing plugs. I don't gap check them, just standard cmr7h

reedcase_chris

Ya been idling a lot in my yard, ill try to keep that from happening. I run 93 with 15% ethanol. The gas stations are bad here. That's why I'm going with vp..only non ethanol choice for me. Thanks guys!

DIMBLEWAMBiE

Ya been idling a lot in my yard, ill try to keep that from happening. I run 93 with 15% ethanol. The gas stations are bad here. That's why I'm going with vp..only non ethanol choice for me. Thanks guys!
I'm sure fuel where I'm at (SoCal) is just as bad. We don't even get 93, just 91 and I'm pretty sure our ethanol rating is the same. You can also remove ethanol from pump gas, not super difficult. I've thought about it but ultimately it isn't necessary at all. For your own benefit I'm telling you stick with pump gas, save money but primarily your motor will be running cooler.

Idling isn't an issue, I idle half a tank for break in some times. Just lean your L screw a touch.

logon69

This is good to know as I am running25:1 on mine. Thanks Steve and Happy New Year!!!
Your Welcome. Same 2 you brah. Hope to see some of your crazy animals at FBF this season.

87 octane is all you'll ever need. I'm guessing your way rich and that's loading it up and killing plugs. I don't gap check them, just standard cmr7h
In theory YES if he is running a 13:1 dome. Now with a 15:1 dome he'd better be looking for 100 octane.

Last edited: