trevor simpson adjustable timing fan cover

skut

does anyone here can give me the details on how to set this timing fan cover of ts and how does it work by adjusting the timing in advance?...or any link??...TIA

neumonic

not that I have one, but as the magnets on the flywheel cannot be changed it would mount the coil to the cover so you would physically advance or retard the coil from the Zero point, this could give ya torque or HP depending on how you race and compression,. fuel octane level etc..

skut

i know the results of this but just wonder how to install the ignition coil inside the fan cover of ts...and will it gain any performance by advancing the timing of ignition coil inside??

or does any one have a clear pictures or vidoes of this ts fan cover?

WValtakis2

The coil mounts to the cover instead of the cylinder, you have to cut the two mounting studs off of the cylinder to use the TS adjustable timing cover. The coil can then move in a slot that's curved to match the curve of the flywheel.

~Chip

ToyFab

i know the results of this but just wonder how to install the ignition coil inside the fan cover of ts...and will it gain any performance by advancing the timing of ignition coil inside??

As mentioned, the original mounting posts have to be cut off. After that, the best way to install the cover and coil is to first remove the cylinder. With the flywheel in place, mount the cover with the coil loosely screwed on. Once the cover is tightly mounted, set the flywheel gap with either a thick business card or a couple thin ones. Once the coil is secured tightly in place, remove the cover assembly and remount the cylinder. Now the cover is ready to operate. Be careful not to over advance the timing or you will melt your engine. The timing cover is an advanced product and not recommended to beginners. If you are new to the timing cover, run the engine set at "zero" degree setting before you start making changes. Flame on Batman! :)

Trevor Simpson

The ignition coil mounts to a slide on the inside of the fancover allowing the coil to move forward or back, advancing or retarding the timing. Initial assembly requires you to remove the cylinder from the engine and trim the coil mount bosses on the cylinder to make room for the coil. While the cylinder is still off install the fan cover with the slide, with the magnets on the flywheel facing upwards place a 0.020" shim on top of the flywheel, then position the coil in the cover and lock it in place with the supplied M4X16 screws. Once the coil is installed you should never need to reset the air gap making cylinder swaps a breeze.

I'll post a picture in the next couple days of an assembled fan cover and coil so you can see what it looks like..

Eric Hill

Media
Fan Cover

I know you guys all think this is just a gimmick on something that is not necessary. Remember if you put a stroked crank in. Every 1mm will advance the timing 2 degrees. If you want full effect of the stroke you will need to pull the timing back.