Trevor Simpson 30.5 full mod with TPS ignition system

nyq_88

Hi all,
Was just wondering if anybody has done a TS engine with a TPS system. I am looking to modify my engine to accept this system but have no clue where to start work on. I have looked through the forum and come across this thread:

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96023&highlight=trevor+simpson

However it does not provide much help and its a very old thread.

Hope i can get some help from you guys who knows where i can get the parts to mod the engine as well as any info on the performance gain this system will give me...

Appreciate any help i get.

Thanks guys

tomso

Yes there is one here in Norway that installed the TPS system on his TS engine.. there was some modification on the case for the TPS to fit.

tomso

tomso,

do you know the guy who did it? maybe i can pm him for more info?
I`m not sure if this guy are a member of this forum, but i sendt him a pm on the Norwegian forum, and will try to get you his e-mail adress..
From what i have read on his build thread he used about 8-10 hours of mearsurement and machining to get the ignition parts corectly in center, and to get the timing correct.. This could of cource be done much quicker, but he wantet it to be perfect.. He also into making some adjustable timing for this system.

liftedcj7on44s

Hmm.Is there any performance gains? If there isnt any it seems really overkill..

There may be a little gain by going this route but chances are it would not be enough to notice, what it would make for is a easier starting motor.

With this setup though you may have some adjustability to allow you to change timing a little, not sure though.

dscjester

There may be a little gain by going this route but chances are it would not be enough to notice, what it would make for is a easier starting motor.

With this setup though you may have some adjustability to allow you to change timing a little, not sure though.
You may also have a stronger/hotter spark on the top end if it is similar to a 1:1 race ignition? Not sure if you would notice it much tho??

nyq_88

the normal plug that we are using gives us the combustion in the chamber to push the piston downwards to power the wheels...

using the TPS its more like an explosion inside the chamber giving more force to push the piston even harder than the usual combustion we are getting.. this system is used on the BZM 50cc and the power it produces is just insane...

@tomso thanks so much for you help. greatly appreciate the effort you put in to help me. hope its possible to get the detailed plans from him so i can work something out for my own engine...Much appreciate :)

blackeye09

the normal plug that we are using gives us the combustion in the chamber to push the piston downwards to power the wheels...

using the TPS its more like an explosion inside the chamber giving more force to push the piston even harder than the usual combustion we are getting.. this system is used on the BZM 50cc and the power it produces is just insane...

@tomso thanks so much for you help. greatly appreciate the effort you put in to help me. hope its possible to get the detailed plans from him so i can work something out for my own engine...Much appreciate :)
Would this work with stock 26cc CY engines?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk