Threshold shock tower

Daddydan

I didn't know about this one. i won this sweet tower yesterday at the hostile bajafest. it's a different design then what we usually see, probably where the name ARCH came from :)

i don't know if it has been posted before, if so, my apologies but it's so nice that it deserve to have a second thread
here it is,

logon69

I saw the tower at the springfest and thought it looked real stout and pretty freakin cool too. JR makes some good and well thought out products. Glad to se he decided to make em for us all.......(I hope)

asabo2nv

I picked one up at Bajafest. It is sweet and has a special mount for Killer cables. Also It requires the use of rear Killer cables in the front.

Pigtailz

I would love this on my baja but unfortunaly with my alloy arms it wont work, would you be considering an extended taller fersion for us with Ramtec/FLM front arms?

Craig

Daddydan

Its nice but still there is only one position the shocks can be mounted.
i was at first actually thinking the same thing as you. But one thing cool about the baja is that it doesn't have a ton of possible setups which in a race situation make the driving ability on top.

so if you have the right hopups to make sure sure you don't break, the right tires and a correct oil/spring, you can be competitive.

i will try my 5t this weekend with the new ARCH shock tower :)

Johnnysplits

I was just making mention of it because I run FLM race towers front & rear which allow you additional shock tuning. But im running an on-road setup.

Threshold

Its nice but still there is only one position the shocks can be mounted.

Some changes will be made to the final design, but I doubt i will add any more shock mounting locations to it. The reason is that there is not alot of room in the upper a-arm to move the shock in or out without interfereing with the arm. Glad people like it, and i will be posting some photo's and pricing soon.

J.R. / Threshold

Daddydan

Some changes will be made to the final design, but I doubt i will add any more shock mounting locations to it. The reason is that there is not alot of room in the upper a-arm to move the shock in or out without interfereing with the arm. Glad people like it, and i will be posting some photo's and pricing soon.

J.R. / Threshold
then i will have to buy 2 of them, since i have 3 baja :)

CraigRobbo

J.R. / Threshold
Alright J.R

Well i think you wouldn't interfear with anything if you add vertical mounting holes, it would give us guys with alloy wishbones other shocktower options as we are limited to only Ramtech or FLM and thats about it due to the flat mounting (No dropout) on the wishbone.

thanks

Craig

Johnnysplits

J.R. / Threshold
Thats ok. A bit off topic here but did you stop manufacturing the air filter housing? Nobody has one. I had to get one used. LOVE it!!!

Killer RC

This is a really nice part. I have one too. JR did a sweet job on it. Plus it has a mounting spot made especially for the Killer Kables. Genius!

Daddydan

This is a really nice part. I have one too. JR did a sweet job on it. Plus it has a mounting spot made especially for the Killer Kables. Genius!
so will produce smaller version of the cables for it?

i will need a ''regular'' set and a short version to drop one of my rig for onroad sometimes

by the way your turnbuckles with the sleeves are awesome, after i bought them from you at the bajafest, i had a perfect weekend and even if I have the misalign RPM arms ;) thanks