SUH Rear adaptors and 5mm Phatdad pins

steve71

Hi guy's
Real keen on getting a set of these adaptors for my Twin, just got one question.

The hole for the std pin would need to be drilled out to 5mm to suite the Phatdad pins, if i do this is it going to be an issue? like strength...

dscjester

I would say no. I have done the 5mm drilling on vertigo extenders and stock hexes. And they hold up fine on my Twin and RCMAX 70. And IETZR1S just did it for his twin with SUH adapters for his Twin. :cool:

RcGrips

I have not done the 5mm change from the 4mm, I have looked into the 5mm change to fit on the Losi 5ive-T and the edge is very close after you would drill it out.

steve71

I have not done the 5mm change from the 4mm, I have looked into the 5mm change to fit on the Losi 5ive-T and the edge is very close after you would drill it out.
That's what i was worried about, it doesn't leave much.

But it has been done and with no reported issues so far.....

dscjester

That's what i was worried about, it doesn't leave much.

But it has been done and with no reported issues so far.....
It is going to be close. I just received my SUH adapters and there is almost nothing as it is. I will attempt to drill it tomorrow. I will report back Steve.

dscjester

Ok Steve. Drilled them out today and man I was nervous...:blushing: But I went ahead and drilled them out. Looks like there will be some meat left.

I haven't gotten my tires yet. So I can't test it. But I am sure they should work.

steve71

Nice work mate, good clear photo's thanks heaps. Looks like there is just enough left, you certainly wouldnt want to take any more out.....im sure they will hold up. Are these going on your 70?

Man i Could imagine what you were thinking picking up that drill and pulling the trigger.....

dscjester

These are going on my OBR Twin. Going another route for the 70. :innocent:

I think they should be fine. Just take your time and make sure you are straight.

:cool:

dscjester

Steve, if you have the adapters, you will have to ream/drill/sand the center for it to fit on the stub shaft. I was bummed to find out they just don't slide on. Just thought you should know.