Steering servo choice for dirt oval

Burky_fj

I ran a Hitec 5805 all last year and it was a solid servo for me. The guys running 5755 tended to have slower steering so I stuck with the 5805.

ryeguy

I had great success with the SFL-30MG but now it sounds like its grinding so I rebuilt it and fresh gease and now it feels like its got a stiff spot when I try to move it fast by hand but when I go back and forth i normally it feels fine.

Inertia Racing Products

Ryan,

man you can run the 5765 on MiMh or LiPo...there are alot of ways to slow the steering down for oval, but you need the grunt on dirt.
the biggest mistake most people make on oval is the super quick , short steering ... everytime i watch a video of the guys running on dirt especially,they are constantly chasing the ass end of the car..dang man you are losing your arse chasing the thing left and right down the straightaway.

set your toe, set your camber, put the correct roll out in in the damn thing, sloooow the steering down and make it go straight..Lol...
on dirt a slight push in the corner is what your are looking for, basically a drift then catch it.
i have taken guys cars that are all over the place, grabbed the remote out of their hands , took 50% of the steering epa out of it and they think they had a brand new car !!!

lm if you need any help amigo