Sprint makeover

rednec_d

I love sprint cars. They handle differently as well. The wing does help and once on they become sensitive to it. We ran with then the other guy took his off and he immediately put it back on. Just nice to have variety.

Ronco5

i hope you still have the ringer chassis i designed. I have had a problem with people wanting to copy my idea. If anyone wants to see more of them check out deadend raceway in iowa.
Yep I still have it. Not looking to copy it, I have a similar design, but no matter what you do if it looks like a sprint car it will look somewhat alike.
I figured I haven't been moving many body parts for them, so maybe a kit would sell better.

wrp

The boys were out to play last Sunday with the both sprinters @ Outlaw Raceway Park. They got around pretty good since the track was not prep. Thing I notice, like there 1/4 scale cousin was the easy way they handle and wing placement.

After years of driving 1/4 scale sprints, decided to use that technology and apply it to the 1/5th scale. Big thing is chassis flex and since it is mounted to another chassis, what amount of flex it will have. Using a tube chassis jig to build around it.

I drove both chassis, tube and Deadend, they both drive with ease.

Carp Boyz

The boys were out to play last Sunday with the both sprinters @ Outlaw Raceway Park. They got around pretty good since the track was not prep. Thing I notice, like there 1/4 scale cousin was the easy way they handle and wing placement.

After years of driving 1/4 scale sprints, decided to use that technology and apply it to the 1/5th scale. Big thing is chassis flex and since it is mounted to another chassis, what amount of flex it will have. Using a tube chassis jig to build around it.

I drove both chassis, tube and Deadend, they both drive with ease.
sure would be cool if these sprint kits were available for purchase,be it tube or side rail kits

trying to hunt these down is proving to be not such an easy task

rednec_d

That's the thing it's been long enough just seem people are scared there isn't much demand for a sprint conversion. Trust me make it and brace the door. There is going to be many variations and versions and all I care about is numbers. Give me some one to run with!

I know there is no flexing my chassis and it handles but under my rookie skill it's a hand full. Come season time should be nice to see how they handle battle.

rednec_d

Ok back on topic here, been looking into wings. My are ok but one flip and they are gone. Aluminum center foils and ABS plastic side boards. Looked at 1/4 scale wings, talked with Ronshop, and also looking at my own version. Thinking I should make a couple for spares. Front is going to be wider for scale looks and planting that light front end. Roof wing I wanna make adjustable in not only pitch but also move forward and back as well as larger here as well for scale and keep the rear from coming around on drier tracks. Would be nice to adjust wing instead of swapping tires.

rednec_d

Well decided to use some scrap lexan to make my own rough wing. It's wider and only lexan compared to the aluminum and abs one pictured. Also it's non adjustable as I don't think it really needs to be moved.

What do you guys think so far?