southern rc sunday 11-6-11

TrackTalkerNC

I'll be there. Not gonna be racing (got some parts I'm waiting on) but I'll be there to call the races and run the computer. I'm bringing my daughter as well, gonna teach her how to run the computer and set up the races for us so we can all race. She's 13 and can probably fly the space shuttle from her cell phone so I have no doubt she'll get the hang of setting up and running the computer in just about 10 minutes. LOL!

Last edited:

Aydenbaja

My boys & I went there today to check on the track after all that rain we got on Friday, well it had water standing in alot of places, mostly from turn 1 to turn 3 and very little in the offroad section. (Not a problem for Tommy he can do miracles with that place). Tommy said he was going by there to blow it off this evening but have not talked with him since. Pretty sure John will give us a track update in the morning. Since Willis is out of town I will pm john my home # and I will let you all know asap. I hope to be able to see you all there!!!:scared::boat:

Aydenbaja

Just talked with Tommy and he told me he blew all the water off the track and it is a go for tomorrow. Should be some good traction too. May need to drag it some and drive it in and we will be ready. Seeya there!!!

Spjust1 get ready cause ???? LOL LOL..............:innocent::innocent:

thevnaguy

well my 23cc died today, rats. Want to thank tommy and Marty for helping me out with it. I am almost finished bolting on a 29cc on the baja right now, going to have to break it in before I race it though. going to rebuild the 23cc that died on me for a spare. See ya all next weekend!!

Oh ya, also thanks to the fellow that showed me how to restring the pulll rope starter, did not catch your name but appreciate all the advice.

Aydenbaja

well my 23cc died today, rats. Want to thank tommy and Marty for helping me out with it. I am almost finished bolting on a 29cc on the baja right now, going to have to break it in before I race it though. going to rebuild the 23cc that died on me for a spare. See ya all next weekend!!

Oh ya, also thanks to the fellow that showed me how to restring the pulll rope starter, did not catch your name but appreciate all the advice.
That would be Phyl not marty, he was not there on sunday. Marty drives the ford full size and waters the track. It's cool though he wants to be like me, LOL......:p:drool:

thevnaguy

Sorry AydenBaja, I am terrible at names. :p

I finished bolting on the 29cc DDM motor on my baja last night. Now just have to break it in.

Took apart the 23cc and it appears I have a worn piston ring, but also noticed that the crankshaft moves up and down a little bit when you push up on the clutch shoes or the cooling fan.

Not very familiar with these small motors, so dont know what is normal.

Aydenbaja

Sorry AydenBaja, I am terrible at names. :p

I finished bolting on the 29cc DDM motor on my baja last night. Now just have to break it in.

Took apart the 23cc and it appears I have a worn piston ring, but also noticed that the crankshaft moves up and down a little bit when you push up on the clutch shoes or the cooling fan.

Not very familiar with these small motors, so dont know what is normal.
Up/down not good-- but very little in/out normal. Sounds like a bearing failure IMO. Looks like a full rebuild for you my friend.:eek: