Soon to be twin powered!

RPezz50

Hey all, was bored at work and figured I would post up some pics of my winter project. I have been contemplating for quite some time as to which power plant I was going to go with, was between obr twin and rcmax 70. After a lot of thought, and I mean a lot, I decided to go with the 57cc twin. Still saving, but should have it soon. I have just been buying parts for the past few months on things that I think I need to handle the powerplant. For the most part, I am keeping a lot of the parts stock until something breaks, then will upgrade. The a arms are plastic for the weight, plus I think they are strong enough, I did beef up the drivetrain. For the bones and cups, I already had the darksoul gen 3 with toobz, going to roll with those until something breaks, then its phatdad hands down. Turtle quick diff with diff saver, turtle rear shock brace, hostile mx and hostile mini mx with zero growth foams, silverback beads, gorilla rear wheels and hpi front, tc cage, steel gears and a futaba 4pl. Also have the trurtle racing complete clutch system. I got a couple of flashy things like the pitdawg radio box and gear covers, another reason am going with obr motor, cuz those say obr on them:D anyway, nothing too exciting, I didnt overhaul the whole car...yet. By the way, its my birthday on 12/12/12, anyone feel free to load up my paypal account!

nice I remember when i first got my OBR 57cc i was so excited i couldn't sleep for days. then when it came to run it for the first time i could not stop smiling. also i dont see a need for the HPI HD gears for the tranny due to them being smaller diameter i could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

dscjester

nice I remember when i first got my OBR 57cc i was so excited i couldn't sleep for days. then when it came to run it for the first time i could not stop smiling. also i dont see a need for the HPI HD gears for the tranny due to them being smaller diameter i could be wrong.
Agree on all points. I have been running the HD gears and been holding up fine in the Twin. But the 70 eats them up... I truly feel the stockers are more then capable of handling the power as this past weekend I ran the stockers in the 70 with no problems. But if you already got them, then roll with them. You will be fine. Do yourself a favor and pickup the craftwerks Twin layshaft from the start. Goodluck and enjoy it! They are fun as Hell! Need any help, shoot me a pm and I can get you my number to help as much as possible.

banshee

Agree on all points. I have been running the HD gears and been holding up fine in the Twin. But the 70 eats them up... I truly feel the stockers are more then capable of handling the power as this past weekend I ran the stockers in the 70 with no problems. But if you already got them, then roll with them. You will be fine. Do yourself a favor and pickup the craftwerks Twin layshaft from the start. Goodluck and enjoy it! They are fun as Hell! Need any help, shoot me a pm and I can get you my number to help as much as possible.
Thanx Dave, no i don't have hpi gears, just using stock. I will get the layshaft when i buy the motor seeing that is an upgrade option to click on. You'll be hearing alot from me I'm sure once i get the motor. Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback, sort of an ego boost..will post pics of my wife next who is a Swedish model..wait that was a dream i had last night...damnit.

dscjester

Thanx Dave, no i don't have hpi gears, just using stock. I will get the layshaft when i buy the motor seeing that is an upgrade option to click on. You'll be hearing alot from me I'm sure once i get the motor. Thanks everyone for all the positive feedback, sort of an ego boost..will post pics of my wife next who is a Swedish model..wait that was a dream i had last night...damnit.
HaHa!! Not a problem bud. I like the fact you are going to run what you got and upgrade as you break. The layshaft is the only week link in the kit in my opinion.

banshee

banshee

HaHa!! Not a problem bud. I like the fact you are going to run what you got and upgrade as you break. The layshaft is the only week link in the kit in my opinion.
By the way, names Dan. Kinda weird being referred to banshee, couldn't think of forum name and that's first thing that poped into my head because just got done working on my Yamaha banshee that day, lame i know...

dscjester

By the way, names Dan. Kinda weird being referred to banshee, couldn't think of forum name and that's first thing that poped into my head because just got done working on my Yamaha banshee that day, lame i know...
All good banshee:hammer:

banshee

Good luck on your build Dan and just a little word of advice make sure ups comes when your wife is not around and you'll be ok .
Was that the start of your demise?! :) thanks buddy. You could expedited my build and just ship me one of your 12 fricken motors!:clap: thanks Tony