Slash 4x4 project

Dolphinwelder

Traded a blitz roller for this slash 4x4 roller. Been working on it, has MIP axels, rpm arms, STRC driveline, I put a new servo in it, installed a new velinion motor. Just waiting on new esc and big bore shocks.

traxxasmann

Looks good get your self a king headz motor mount. Its a lot better then the plastic one and has a bigger bearing to.
Yup get the king Headz 100000000000000 times better lol and be prepared to buy extra driveshafts I only run on 2s and they still ware out pretty quick

shotimes

Mine is setup about the same, but it is a platinum. The wheel adapters and wheels make a huge difference. At least it did to me. Also look into the swaybar kit. After the wheels I had to redo shock oil, sway bar adjustments and it was night and day! I went from beginners to intermediate race class just from better suspension and wheel setup.

Have fun!

And kingheadz mount is a must!

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Looking good Adam, I would also recommend the King Headz Mount! Its beefier, stronger and like stated has the larger dia bearing installed.

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/megeqyve.jpg]
Yeah the chassis is cracked :-/ but I found one on eBay new, non lcg, for $13

Oh damn how did you manage that? Yeah I didn't like my LCG either got rid of it have the stock chassis whatever its called now. Hell Slash 4x4 rollers are going pretty cheap now so I am sure you can score chassis's all day long cheap too! I think I saw a Complete Roller "no rims/tires" electronics going for just a little under $150 not bad from say 6+ months ago :eek:

Dolphinwelder

I didn't do it, I noticed it while I was building it up. I already ordered the new stock chassis lol I went ahead and ordered the king headz motor mount since I'll be tearing it down anyway (don't tell my wife lol) I didn't figure the lcg chassis would work for me either lol

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
I didn't do it, I noticed it while I was building it up. I already ordered the new stock chassis lol I went ahead and ordered the king headz motor mount since I'll be tearing it down anyway (don't tell my wife lol) I didn't figure the lcg chassis would work for me either lol
Yeah I bet that thing already had like a hair line crack! The King Headz motor mount is worth the money bro, that thing is NICE I love the over sized bearing. Probably overkill for a stock motor/esc set up but worth having for sure 8)