SlammerRC's Tonneau Damn

SlammerRC

Media
Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

After I designed it, I hated taking it back off the T body, the T looked naked with out it. It looked so cool, I cut out a new template, made a few dozen to test and put the original right back on. The material we use seems to be the perfect scale for these things.

SlammerRC

Media
Thanks Jerry!

We have been very busy here at SlammerRC.
We have several new products about to hit DDM next week, not to mention keeping up with his orders.

I hope you have been doing well my friend.

SlammerRC

Media
how do you start it with that on?
I start the 5T with the body off. It does not take me but a few second to put the body on.

Most often, I warm the 5T up a bit (body off), check it over, put the body on and run the hell out of it.

The other day I started the 5T by pulling the start cord through the fender. Once warmed up, my 5T starts on the first pull.

It has NOT yet been a problem.....

Last edited:

boofwah

Ron,

Nice work on all the innovative ideas for that damn screen material :D Is the tonneau a quick release? I use my handle above the spark plug a lot.

Jeff :sailor:

SlammerRC

Media
Slammer great idea, but would you have to remove your body to start the 5T now??
Ever since the Apollo One accident, I myself am not a big fan of velcro. :glare: :)

But everybody likes what they like, so good luck with that. :yawn:

I start the 5T with the body off. It does not take me but a few second to put the body on.

Most often, I warm the 5T up a bit (body off), check it over, put the body on and run the hell out of it.

The other day I started the 5T by pulling the start cord through the fender. Once warmed up, my 5T starts on the first pull.

deznuts84

Ever since the Apollo One accident, I myself am not a big fan of velcro. :glare: :)

Slammer,

I just asked a simple question, and your all over me... relax man :)

What are you taking about vel-cro is the balls just like duct-tape (holds the world together) ...

As for me I really like having that hole their, for me it makes starting and easier to carry , but if it work for you it might work for other people.

But I have to say you are smart in using that mesh stuff....

Last edited:

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Slammer,

I just asked a simple question, and your all over me... relax man :)

What are you taking about vel-cro is the balls just like duct-tape (holds the world together) ...

As for me I really like having that hole their, for me it makes starting and easier to carry , but if it work for you it might work for other people.

But I have to say you are smart in using that mesh stuff....

Both are nice mods imo.. I can follow where deznuts84's is coming from some guys dont like pulling the entire body off, I myself do.. 8)