SlammerRC's RIDGID Baja Stand

46u

I just picked me up a Ridgid stand from Home Depot for $32.07 with tax. Works fine the way it is and with a little work it will be perfect! I want it as a ground stand and not a table top so when at the track I can keep my table for all my other stuff. With all the money I saved I will buy more 5B parts. LOL Thanks for the great tip SlammerRC's!!!!!

Stanghunter

Slam,

as good as you are with making things and new ideas you should try your hand at making one...Id like to see what you come up with!

Heres a few pics of the one I just made. I'm still going to weld a ring around the base to contain screws and what not and I'm still thinking on a way to tilt it in all directions.

Last edited:

SlammerRC

Media
I see how you made it tilt, good idea. I would like to make one out of aluminum like yours but I don't have a welder for aluminum.

Are you going to weld a lip around the outer edge of the base so screws will not roll off the tray? It's looking really cool, I bet it's light. If I had that one, I could not help myself, I would polish it.

Stanghunter

I see how you made it tilt, good idea. I would like to make one out of aluminum like yours but I don't have a welder for aluminum.

Are you going to weld a lip around the outer edge of the base so screws will not roll off the tray? It's looking really cool, I bet it's light. If I had that one, I could not help myself, I would polish it.
Its actually all SS so its not to light...was thinking a heavier base would be more stable with out having to add longer legs out to suport it and take up table space. It works well...I pushed the baja way out off center and it doesnt tip over. Yes i'm going to weld a lip around the outside. Polished huh...now thats a idea but it will have to wait till my Ti project is done...to busy right now!

RDucky47

I would like to do the rigid stand but I am unfamiliar with a "cut saw" to cut the metal. Could a buy a metal cutting blade for a miter saw or a reciprocating saw?

SlammerRC

Media
I would like to do the rigid stand but I am unfamiliar with a "cut saw" to cut the metal. Could a buy a metal cutting blade for a miter saw or a reciprocating saw?
I'm sure you can find a blade for your miter saw. I think that would be your best bet.
My old chop saw is similar a miter saw. I have a metal cutting blade in one of my skill saws, that would work too.
Lets see some pictures of it when your done.

SnappyRC

Media
Thank you guys for sharing. I've been working on a stand/cart for my baja and am almost done. I've just got to paint it and put a pad on it. Again a big thank you for all the ideas as it has inspired some of my design.

Last edited:

Topper

Made my own stand today, used 1/5" thick piece of wood that has been laying around our shop for ages. This is what you can do during lunch (well actually made two in that time) with the water-jet.

One we made for my buddies Traxxas Slayer

I'm toying around with a few other designs, mine works great but I think I can simplify it so I can possibly sell them super cheap unassembled & unpainted.

Thank You and well done my friend

Somebody has actually took the time to machine and build a stand made out of WOOD :)

IMO wood is easier to work with than metal and smells better :p

I will certainly be making my stand out of wood/sheet material,although it wont be machined or as glamorous as yours :gunsmilie:

Have some invisible MOJO