SlammerRC's RIDGID Baja Stand

SlammerRC

Media
I've been getting a several questions on this stand, like how I got the stand to rotate among others.

With the piece of pipe bolted to the top half the top half is now one piece. The round pipe on the top half slipped into the square tube of the bottom half will rotate.

The pipe will need to be ground down a little on the outside. I did this on my bench grinder. The fancy little chain holds the flat washer to the stand as it can fall off when the top half is removed for transport.

The rubber grommet beween the top and bottom is a chair leg rubber size 3/4". I cut the end out of it. This is not needed I did it to cover the top and bottom union.

SlammerRC

Media
i just got the fast eddy stand and love it it was a little pricey but well worth it in my mind
Considering your stands maker, I'm sure it's rock solid. Looks like a killer stand. The Diego, LunaTik and KRD stands look nice too and I'm sure are worth the cash.

But 30$ and a little work compared to 165$....

Plus, I like building things so this was a bit of fun as well as necessity.

badboy2

ron u got everything in pix i just have 1 question ,did this required some welding?for a person like who only have ryobi drill set will i be able to do this?which tools im gonna need??

diego

Considering your stands maker, I'm sure it's rock solid. Looks like a killer stand. The Diego, LunaTik and KRD stands look nice too and I'm sure are worth the cash.

But 30$ and a little work compared to 165$....

Plus, I like building things so this was a bit of fun as well as necessity.
For sure 30$ sounds better than 165$. i stoped doing my stand for a wile ,( will make some in the future) but i have to take more then 200$ to make a few $ on it. so i stoped making the stand .
Got a few orders but so much new stuff i am working on so not really the time for it.
Like the homedepot stand , cheap and does the job.

SlammerRC

Media
ron u got everything in pix i just have 1 question ,did this required some welding?for a person like who only have ryobi drill set will i be able to do this?which tools im gonna need??
No sir, no welding. I did use a cut saw to cut the pipe and tubes. The stand is bada$$ as is..... I just wanted to cut it down a little and make it swivel.

You could make your cuts with a hack saw but man, that's a lot of sawing.....

You can buy the pipe nipples in 4" lengths at the hardware store. Other than the cutting that was about it.

Questions, ask away!! You are welcome to PM me if I don't reply to the thread.

I'm often at work and do not have internet access much of the week. ...S

brian400ex

go with the Rigid stand found at Home Depot. i modded mine and it spins and i can lock it at any position and i even mounted a try on it for parts!

wrencher

i have the fast eddy stand and i love it. very sturdy and swivels. tng has them for around 165.00 a little pricey but works well and really worth it in my opinion.

badboy2

go with the Rigid stand found at Home Depot. i modded mine and it spins and i can lock it at any position and i even mounted a try on it for parts!
can we see the pix of your stand and maybe the parts that u used like slammer's pix.

heres the best i could do today and i made 2 hehe

robb86

Made my own stand today, used 1/5" thick piece of wood that has been laying around our shop for ages. This is what you can do during lunch (well actually made two in that time) with the water-jet.

One we made for my buddies Traxxas Slayer

I'm toying around with a few other designs, mine works great but I think I can simplify it so I can possibly sell them super cheap unassembled & unpainted.

SlammerRC

Media
They look strong and I like the base as a tool and parts tray! When you get ready to sell them let me know. I'll give you some free advertising on my website.

I understand making it simpler to mass produce but they look cool with the main support all cut out.

OK, now am just thinking out load here but.... What if you made the support look like part of a spiderweb. Or cut out a skull face.... or your logo....

Good work, lets see some more. ...S

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
to be honest i havent had any problems using an old bucket with some weather stripping on top for grip. :) ive been using this for over a year,seems to hold both of my cars well...

Ok well you are my friend Eric and I cant let you use buckets when is your birthday its time you got a KRD Stand man :rockon: