SlammerRC's RIDGID Baja Stand

HarleyDan

What length spacer do you use and do you guys ever change the height from one to the other?
Mine is the darksoul stand and I only have the one length tube (spacer). The new KRD (same thing) does have the extra spacer. The table that I place the stand on has adjustable heights so I am good there.

As for it's length, dunno but must be around 8-12-inches. But I always leave the parts tray on cause it is good at catching the stuff I drop :chef:

SlammerRC

Media
to be honest i havent had any problems using an old bucket with some weather stripping on top for grip. :) ive been using this for over a year,seems to hold both of my cars well...
]
You just wanted to show off that new truck and badass Baja.

Trust me, I know how to rig something up. Heck I got one for you... Right now one of my Bajas is sitting on a Detroit Diesel Series 71 Piston install tool and the other is on a 1lb coffee can.

I'd like to get a stand that will break down and fit in my tote like the KRD, LunaTik, Deigo's.

I appreciate the photos and more importantly I appreciate the fact that you :chef: have two DIRTY bajas!!!!

.....S

SlammerRC

Media
I'm afraid the krd stand is the ticket.
Yea, the KRD or the heavy duty tripod idea.......

So the KRD stand and the Dark Soul are the same, no wonder I could not find the DS for sale. I like DS parts!

I may have to go to Home Depot and browse around. It's a lazy Sunday, no Cowboy game, I think I'll make me a Sailor Jerry's Rum and Coke and go to Home Depot.

I love building stuff, I may stop fighting the urge to build one and just do it.

.....S

SlammerRC

Media
thanks, took like 15 min. to throw together. i'll make you one if you want
I like this one!! I see it bolts to your bench.... makes it hard to use in the field. What if you did the standard X and put your center shaft there in the middle of the X.

I know you said you slapped it together so I do not want to be a critic. I'm sure if you took more time it would be hydraulically operated :lol:

My favorite thing to say is... "wear were you when I was building it?"

Thanks for the great photos and ideas!!!

SlammerRC

Media
now those are real stands i use a piston from a Cummings 400 twin turbo generator when the rod snapped it works great but wife thinks it is dumb lol
Hells yea! I can totally picture it!!

Tell the wife it's not dumb, it's original and your recycling, she should be proud of you efforts to go green.:laugh:

.......S

traxxaskelly

the 2x6 comes off with one screw, without the 2x6 on it and tripod closed up it all will fit behind a pickup truck seat. heck i am to cheap to buy a real stand lol lol. if it dont make it go faster or stop better i wil try to rig somthing. and i like that ds stand myself i am just to cheap lol lol:lol::lol:

traxxaskelly

over the weekend a freind was down. and we worked on his mcd monster truck on my stand and no problem with the tripod holding

d4nnyc

I've had my KRD Stand for a few weeks now and I tell ya man and I have not looked back.. The stand is a great thing to have especially in my case. With my busted hip picking up the Baja to work on it each time was tough, with the stand being at a perfect height, the tool tray comes in real handy. I love that it turns 360 and its really sturdy.

I am not sure about the Lunatik Nerf Bars I would guess that you wont be able to have those mounted when using the stand as it comes. The stands top piece has sides that hold the chassis in place so I am more then sure those would be in the way but dont quote me on that. I'd PM KRD and ask him heck maybe he could mod one up just for you..

Here's a few shots of the stand with the Baja sitting on top as you can see that bracket plate might get in the way of your Nerf Bars..

chris i would really like to see your baja collection dude, so this a request from me to see all your toys im sure everyone else would like to see them to ;)

Dirby

home depot has a stand that is used to hold lumber while cutting it.
some of the 1/4 dcale boys use them
larc showed me his and it works great.
i posted some pics of it on the forum.
do a serch for larc.
this stand cost somewhere around 30.00
thx Dirby

boofwah

I've had my KRD Stand for a few weeks now and I tell ya man and I have not looked back.. The stand is a great thing to have especially in my case. With my busted hip picking up the Baja to work on it each time was tough, with the stand being at a perfect height, the tool tray comes in real handy. I love that it turns 360 and its really sturdy.

I am not sure about the Lunatik Nerf Bars I would guess that you wont be able to have those mounted when using the stand as it comes. The stands top piece has sides that hold the chassis in place so I am more then sure those would be in the way but dont quote me on that. I'd PM KRD and ask him heck maybe he could mod one up just for you..

Here's a few shots of the stand with the Baja sitting on top as you can see that bracket plate might get in the way of your Nerf Bars..

Looking good, Chris! I'm so glad I got my KRD stand too. It comes in handy in the manhouse

and out in the field

Jeff :sailor:

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Yeah for sure Jeff the KRD stands are the shiznit :D I am glad I got mine as well I waited way to long thats for sure. A must have in any hobby room or out at the bashing grounds. I love the tool tray and how it rotates so easy

SlammerRC

Media
CONCLUSION: :cowboy:

This is the Rigid work stand I modified. I made it a table top stand.
I have since bought another Rigid stand and I am going to put the same rubber mat on it. I think this new stand will stay just like it is "tall". I like having one for the table top and one for next to the workbench. I will make it swivel though......

Enjoy the picts

Made it swivel.

Chopped it down on the sides so I could fit it inside the chassis.

Some measurements for you.

Next to Daddy.

Height is adjustable.

I cut the legs down to make it a table top stand.

Narrowed the base.

If you have any questions just drop me a PM. ....Ron