SlammerRC's RIDGID Baja Stand

SlammerRC

Media
I've been looking at upgrading my "Robert Mondovi" wine box / Baja stand, for one that swivels and is easier to tote.

Tops on my list is the KRD Steel Work Stand and Tray.

I have been researching this for several weeks, looking at all the treads on stands.... I know I could build one out of a bike stand or a spotlight tripod like I have seen. BUT, will I be buying a "REAL" stand after fabricating one later? I've used boxes, coffee cans old tires......

At 169$ I know I could build one cheeper. BUT is is really worth messing with building?

If you guys that have built a strong stand that swivels and you can tote with you, could show me what you got?......

And you guys that have bought the KRD Steel Work Stand and Tray for the HPI Baja 5b please let me know your pros and cons of the KRD.

Will the KRD Stand work with LunaTik nerf bars and will the KRD Stand work with the new Baja 5T?

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
I've had my KRD Stand for a few weeks now and I tell ya man and I have not looked back.. The stand is a great thing to have especially in my case. With my busted hip picking up the Baja to work on it each time was tough, with the stand being at a perfect height, the tool tray comes in real handy. I love that it turns 360 and its really sturdy.

I am not sure about the Lunatik Nerf Bars I would guess that you wont be able to have those mounted when using the stand as it comes. The stands top piece has sides that hold the chassis in place so I am more then sure those would be in the way but dont quote me on that. I'd PM KRD and ask him heck maybe he could mod one up just for you..

Here's a few shots of the stand with the Baja sitting on top as you can see that bracket plate might get in the way of your Nerf Bars..

baja ss nutter

i aint got one that swivels but its a realy good stand , its a metal frame bottom off one of those plastic chairs you used to sit on when you were a school, like i say it dont swivel but very handy also google ,little blue step by jml they are realy handy and very transportable

Dirby

i have one of the first 50.
Dark soul stands.
best thing i ever bought.
same thing as the krd stand.

traxxaskelly

get you a tripod for a camera and put a 2x6 about 20'' long on it. you have full 360 movement , tilt, height. you can sit down and work on it or stand up. heck it will work if you are 4 ft tall or 8 ft tall

72Rallye440

I have the DarkSoul stand (KRD) and the ONLY 'con' is that it does not tilt like some of the others.

Outside of that, I love it!
I have the same stand and the same "con" as HarleyDan. This was one of the first parts I bought after I got my Baja. I love it and its very easy to use and durable. Other than no tilt option I think its one of the "must have" parts.

traxxaskelly

yes i mounted the 2x6 on the tripod,i use the mount on the tripode that was for the camera . i put rubber strips on the 2x6 to help hold my bajas that is all that is holding my 5t in the pic. i think this beats the stands that cost 100$ and up. i hope this helps.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

SlammerRC

Media
I have the same stand and the same "con" as HarleyDan. This was one of the first parts I bought after I got my Baja. I love it and its very easy to use and durable. Other than no tilt option I think its one of the "must have" parts.
What length spacer do you use and do you guys ever change the height from one to the other?

SlammerRC

Media
yes i mounted the 2x6 on the tripod,i use the mount on the tripode that was for the camera . i put rubber strips on the 2x6 to help hold my bajas that is all that is holding my 5t in the pic. i think this beats the stands that cost 100$ and up. i hope this helps.:lol::lol::lol:
Yea!! That does help.... I was looking at tripods and they are rated at 3-4 lbs. I guess you have not had any problems with the extra weight?

bajacrazy25

to be honest i havent had any problems using an old bucket with some weather stripping on top for grip. :) ive been using this for over a year,seems to hold both of my cars well...