SlammerRC’s BRAKE mod

HarleyDan

Awesome idea slammer. I am in the middle of a build right now and I definitely will try that. I also suspect that it will be much easier to get the disk(s) in there with the help of those springs.....

Thanx again.............

blw0805brett

I will try this

Hey I will try this on my 5b because I am having brake drag problems. You guys have alot of good ideas on this forum and I am glad I am a part of it. I got in to this hobby after drag racing for years and thought it would be a nice hobby for me and my son to enjoy. I spend more time with these cars and reading for information on how to stay up to date then I ever did with the drag cars. I did not know it was so much to these cars and the price is just as high as running a street car but a lot more fun. I have alot of nitro cars and trucks but after I got my 5B I don't run them anymore, just got my 5T last week and will be getting a new body from victory rc next week.:lol:

Fly1032

Ok, just thinking out loud here.

But.

Will the spring removed from the linkage fit and not foul on the brake disk itself, or is it to large in OD. Obviously cut the spring down too :p

Fly1032

Did you ever try that spring? Just curious to see what you found out.....

I think it may have to big of a diameter and may drag on the disc.

..........S
Haven't had a chance to get it apart and try it yet but I'll let you know once I do give it ago.

I think you may be right though, the more I look at it, the more the OD looks too large to fit properly.

We'll see.