SlammerRC’s BRAKE mod

SlammerRC

Media
Do you guys ever do this?

I’m in the process of a new build "Psycho Sonic" and was doing this mod as I routinely do…. I thought I’d stop and take some photos for you guys and see what you thought.

I take apart a ballpoint pen the kind that has the little spring in the bottom. Cut the pen spring, the springs should be cut slightly longer than the distance between the pads. Now place one small pen spring on each side of the brake guides as shown in the photos above. The now small pen springs will exert just enough pressure to push the pads apart so they don’t rub/drag on the discs. Keep in mind the small pen springs should be easily compressed when the brake is applied.

LINKAGE SPRING MODIFICATION Replace the stock brake spring found at the rear of the brake linkage with the (SAME) length of fuel tubing. The fuel tubing takes more force to compress than the stock spring resulting in more pressure being applied to the brake system.

More information on the HPI Baja can be found at SlammerRC.com Cheers ...S

Last edited:

deznuts84

Good Mod Slammer!!!

I think someone has already did that mod .........but I'm not sure who did it . Anyways that is a great mod , I have done that mod and it seems to work great !! not as much pad wear.

:gunsmilie:

SlammerRC

Media
Yes, that was my point. It's an old trick but I never see it on any of the Bajas I've see picts of.

Besides it's not the sunglasses... It's that strange smellin fog I was lookin through…..

BORN2BAJA

very good man im glad you put it up otherwise i wouldnt have seen it now i did and im gonna do it thanx slammer!!

i also have a small ? is that rear top plate around the brake in the pic a stock one did you polish the purple off to get it like that?

SlammerRC

Media
very good man im glad you put it up otherwise i wouldnt have seen it now i did and im gonna do it thanx slammer!!

i also have a small ? is that rear top plate around the brake in the pic a stock one did you polish the purple off to get it like that?
I removed the anodizing and polished it. I'm building a new SS. Here is the link for more photos....

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23162