Shorty or stock lenght for on road

AlvaSpeed

I got a used baja 5B with FLM extended arms and DDM Dominator pipe in good condition but the chassis is bent at the front end. So I am going to replace it.
My plan is to build an on road car with maybe a 2 or 3 speed transmission.
I was thinking about using a shorty chassis because I believe it will put more weight on the front end.
Any suggestions?

Oli&Ril77's

I am out in NY and there is a drag strip for rc cars here, 330 ft. The FG's rule the track but there is a guy here on the forum that runs the shorty and I will not say his numbers because I do not know them accurately but all I can say is that it is FAST and gives the FG's competition. He has a 2 speed and I know that he has been working on his setup for a good amount of time but it is no joke. I have seen him experiment with batteries of different sizes and in different spots in order to keep the front down.
Good luck!

dscjester

I got a used baja 5B with FLM extended arms and DDM Dominator pipe in good condition but the chassis is bent at the front end. So I am going to replace it.
My plan is to build an on road car with maybe a 2 or 3 speed transmission.
I was thinking about using a shorty chassis because I believe it will put more weight on the front end.
Any suggestions?
The shorty will deffinitly give you better turning radius, be lighter but put the weight closer to the front. But do you have a mission for this or is it just for Onroad fun? Some guys are serious.

AlvaSpeed

It is for on road fun, but I want the car to handle well too.
At this moment I have on the car:
FLM extended arms
DDM Dominator pipe
DDM aluminum air filter
Need to change the chassis (shorty or stock)

I also have a 27.2 OBR full mod with Lauterbacher clutch and lightened flywheel that I can use for this build.

Any info on reccomended oil shock weight/springs and 2 or 3 speed trans and any other setup is welcomed . Thanks.

Oli&Ril77's

I have an on road b that I run all front shocks all around with the DDM hard springs all around. I also use the Cat5 limiters from largescale rc. I am happy with that setup. I currently installed the GTB 3 speed on it but have not run it. There is a guy here on the forum that recommended it and loves it. I will not run it until March though so cannot give you feed back on that. I did run the GTB 2 speed and liked it. The OBR 27.2 FM will push it well! When I did run my shorty that one time, I did find that it handled sweet!
Hope this helps!

stickytuna

What do you guys do to prevent pipe damage during an on road flip? I flipped mine twice in a parking lot and I'm afraid to run it anymore on asphalt because theres some pretty serious gouges on the (DDM Dominator) pipe now. I dont think it will puncture, but I dont think it should take too much more of that kind of thing.