Shipping a 5t body??

Thread starter #1

skeeters65

Hey guys I have a Woodster 5t body I sold and need to ship.
Someone told me it is possible to ship it in a bag and insure it?

Can you do this? Not really sure I am comfortable doing it and will probably use a box but was just curious.

Thanks

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Hey guys I have a Woodster 5t body I sold and need to ship.
Someone told me it is possible to ship it in a bag and insure it?

Can you do this? Not really sure I am comfortable doing it and will probably use a box but was just curious.

Thanks

Yeah I have heard of guys doing this, I don't think I would ship a body that's going to be used in a bag, even insured.. Just me I guess.. I would find a box to be honest, to go through the trouble of shipping a body in a bag even if it was insured only to have it get cracked or damaged is a PITA :censored:

Id get a box bro..

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Chris,
I plan to use a box. I would feel bad for the buyer. I know I would be disappointed if my body showed up in a bag.
Yeah i would feel and be the same way Kevin, I've shipped 2-3 Baja bodies in the past and have always used boxes.. If you have a Barnes & Noble or even a Wal Mart near you ya should be able to find a box suitable for that 5T body. I dont think the post office has that big of a box.. Also try a local Storage Center. They sell boxes.. Also UPS but that might be a bit pricey.

Courage68

Ive seen alot of postal guys throw bags and stack stuff on top of them. . . Id box it for sure.

zipperhead

i saw you were selling one skeeter, i have an extra one here, there so durable, they dont crack, thats why i have a spare.

ive wanted to sell it, but the box size would make it expensive
'

Thread starter #14

skeeters65

That's a killer deal on shipping! Nice to be able to pocket the extra cash. I can't wait to get it! :gunsmilie:

Thanks again.
HAHA extra cash. There wasnt any on that deal. You got a great deal. I knew it was going to cost about that to ship. If it cost me $35+ to ship it it would have sat in the garage until I needed it. haha

Let me know when it arrives.

On2_On4

just to give you an idea...
I sent yesterday from Orlando Fl, a tmaxx (in the original box 13lbs-10oz) to Brooklyn NY and a revo to St. Louis, MO (13lbs-9.8oz)

USPS parcel post.
$26.32 each, $2.90 of that was for signature confirmation.