Sand proof my new 990 carb

kfx400kid

So after rebuilding my 668 carb with it being a fail, I got a new 990 and wanted to sand proof it so it will last. I used the stock shock shaft boots and cut them to length to fit the throttle shaft on both sides. Then I used some oring's that I had from my trex 450 helicopter for the feathering shaft that fit the throttle shaft perfect. I then found a washer that fit the shaft snug and the boot and slide it all together with some grease on the inside. Next I wanted to make a diaphragm filter so I started with a coffee can and went from there, also I don't have pic of the shaft boots of the process...

Now I just got to wait to get my new obr 30.5 prostock as I'm not rebuilding my cy agin......

Last edited:

mikec231

i bought a 5/16 x 3/16 pilot counterbore mill bit on ebay for 8 bucks and did the bearing mod with a hand drill. guess i'll see how this holds up,i would like to see a slide carb instead of these butterfly type that wear out after 10 gallons.i think that is their angle on it 'cause when it does start sucking air around the shaft,you gotta get a new one,and maybe buy an engine from them too.

agp

same, couldn't find the drill bit to perform the mod... any1 can show the light to the bit? :D

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Another awesome DIY Mod, man we have had several guys doing some awesome work and mods as of late.. Keep sharing your mods guys! :D