Sacramento?

Smeagol

Hey all,

Just curious...anyone bash/race in the Sacramento area? I've seen a couple old threads floating around, but nothing very recent.

Is there even any 1/5th scale racing in the area? Seems everything I've found so far is 1/10th and 1/8th scale.

thanks,
Mike

Wildjones

Mike, I have been in Stockton for the last couple years. It isn't exactly Sacramento, but its close-ish. I know there was a pretty active group of folks who used to get together frequently from around the Sac area, but I haven't been around much and I can't remember the point of contact.

I think I will be moving in a few weeks, so I am going to keep my eye out on this thread in case anyone is around from the Modesto area.

Smeagol

Cool, good to know. I still haven't really found anything local. I've run out in Ripon a couple times, but generally I stick to local if I can. Guess it's time to build a track. ;)

Ten_Bucks

If anyone on here in the Sacramento area is willing to take a drive, I'm trying to organize a bash day in Pollock Pines which is about an hour east of Sacramento on highway 50. I've got an awesome bash spot that will give us enough room to really open our cars up. There's already two friends of mine that said they'll be there. I want to get some more people interested so we can set the date and time.

Scott

Bbbutch

Closest 5th scale race track

I believe your closest 5th scale race track will be the one in Petaluma just off of the 101 freeway and about 20 miles north of the Golden Gate bridge.
http://www.101rcracetrack.com
http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=274

The racing season for this track is already over but weather permitting we will still have additional races. Check this forum often for races.
I do know that Derek is trying to get another race together before the rains come and flood the track. It sits low on the property and turns into a pond after a good rain comes through.
If you are interrested or have questions PM me or post in the forum or on the track's web site.
Butch

65BAJA

I work in Sacramento. I don't have a 1/5th yet though. Looking to get a 5B SS in the next month or so. Prairie City is on my way home so I would probably go there.

Smeagol

Sounds good Ten, I'm in if you get something together.

Prairie City would be cool too, do they have a R/C track out there?

65BAJA

Not that I've seen. I went out there last weekend to the VORRA track and tooled around out at the far end. Got to watch a couple of ULTRA4 cars doing laps getting ready for King Of The Hammers I'm guessing.

I was just finishing up my first break in tank so I never really opened it up. But I'll be back out there this Saturday for tank #2. It's on!

65BAJA

Looks like Prairie City is closed this weekend. Something to do with a Grand Prix motorcycle race. Anyone know of any other good bash spots in the area?

65BAJA

Something not working on my side. PM not working I don't think. I'm in. Just say when and where.