Rit Dye

Chief409

Getting ready to dye the panels on the Kraken CLS1 build, so I decided to check on Rit Dye, looking for colors. Well, when you go to http://www.ritdye.com/ there is a color chart, where they give you the color numbers, liquid or powder, how much of each, and the amount of water to mix in to come up with the desired color. Lots of colors (over 500) available! Experment a bit, and get the Ultimate Color!

Check it out!

Question of the day. How long has Rit Dye been around. I was suprised.

Last edited:

buddy7798

i have done my rpm stuff . i used a big pot on the stove . make the water simmer but not boil . 2 or 3 gal of water i used 2 boxes of powder . ya want it dark . also put your parts on a wire hanger so you can pull them out and check the color every so often . there are a few threads on here about how to use rit dye

Chief409

The process of dyeing I've looked at, here and TFE video. I'm pointing out that you can mix different colors to get a desired shade, and a place to get started at.

Last edited:

TheSpike

Bought a collection of tan beige, chocolate and dark brown to dye my parts in desert camo :)
Just waiting for my body wrap to have a sample color and then I'll start mixing.
But I should have bought some of the yellow as well, since they use it as per the color chart to lighten up the colors.

Chief409

Just added a couple of colors. Going to spend the weekend on the Krakne body.

I have a 8 quart pot for dyeing!

Yasha7fold

Rit Dye isn't as good as it used to be. I now use a product called iDye. It is a way better product in my opinion. I use it to dye Disc golf discs. Pic of the product.