RCMK 30.5 full mod carburator set-up

hernandez 787

What needles set up should I use on my RCMK full mod with powermaster pipe and quicksilver 8oz per gal.?

maxit

Start at 1/12 turns out on the L end & 1 3/4 turns out on the H end this is a starting point u will need to fine tune it, as different altitude may cause different settings. U have to start some where.

Cheers

maxit

Start at 1/12 turns out on the L end & 1 3/4 turns out on the H end this is a starting point u will need to fine tune it, as different altitude may cause different settings. U have to start some where.:chef::chef::chef:

Cheers

OneLove86

Mine has a 990, I'm thinking of going with the 1052 hoping it will help out with my bottom end issues... Good luck brother.

mark_tampa

The 771 modified carb with a 30.5 RCMK full mod, I'm about 1.5 out on the high. Did have a issue with it recently running like garbage and thought something was wrong with the engine or carb. Found that the high screw had backed out quite a bit (around 2.5 out).

Re-tuned (still about 1.5 out on the high), put a piece of fuel line hose and cut it about a half inch over the needle screws and lightly put a tie wrap between the base of the two screws (the fuel line over the screws to make sure not to put to much side pressure on the needles) to keep 'em from backing out. Haven't had a problem since. Added benefit is I can adjust the carb by turning the end of the tube and not needing a screwdriver.

Can't take credit for the idea though, I asked Bruce @ Gizmo what to do, since the modified 771's didn't come with camps and it was his suggestion to try this setup.

Last edited:

OneLove86

990 is waaaaay better than the 1052. I loved the 1052 til I threw the 990 on it. Not even in the same ballpark. :no:

Really? Wells thanks for saving me 50 bucks lol. I started messing with again once it cooled off outside and it seems to wanna run a lot better...

Losiracers

All my engine's will come with the Wt-990 carbs for now on.
The 1052 Worked awesome on my full MOD 30.5. When I threw the 990 which Tim suggested it was a night and day difference and pretty amazing. I didn't think there was that much more left in the engine. I was absolutely speechless when I threw the full MOD 771 on the motor. That was downright crazy

paul4238

ive been trying to get my 1052 tuned for a month and a half and still havent found it. im just about ready to throw it in a closet and give up.

Last edited:

AmosMoses

They are both very easy to tune. I never had an issue tuning the 1052 and I've not had any issues tuning any 990 on any of my motors.
I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to find the sweet spot with my 990 on my zenoah. Top and mid are strong but I still get a little bog off the line. :banghead: