RCMAX 46cc Club!

Oli&Ril77's

Any 70s left anywhere?..better yet..any vids of the 65? Surely someone has installed the upgrades into their baja and filmed it?
For the 70's you would have to get one in the used market. The 65 is very new and that I am aware of the only video out is for the Losi but I am not out there searching for them.

From the information that has been given from the motor builders, the 65 makes more power than the 70 so going with that statement, the 65 in the Baja is going to be an outright beast.

Oli&Ril77's

Hello PGK, where are you located? Also, ReedCaseChris answered correctly. Look up Brian's youtube channel and you will see the video of the Losi with the 70, then the 65 and now with the 46. I am sure the 46 will be more than enough for a Basher in the Losi.

Good luck!

Hi Guys,
I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but with all the great information here I didn't know where else to go. I purchased a Losi5ive T a year or two ago with a Cat 5 motor and like a lot of you I'm interested in upgrading the motor. I don't race at all, just bash. I have seen numerous vids with the 46cc installed in the Baja but not the Losi, with the weight difference between the two would I be better off going with a 65cc over the 46cc? I'm looking for a motor combination that is half way controllable but still don't want to be wishing for more at the end of the day. LOL Back in my hot rod days the last street car I had was a 1972 Gran Torino with a 522 cu in with a Pro fogger NOS system along with numerous other upgrades to help keep it together, so overkill is not new to me, hahaha. I thought I read where a couple guys on this post are in the process doing Losi builds, what route are you guys going?
Thanks in advance
Pete

Thread starter #123

dscjester

Hi Guys,
I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but with all the great information here I didn't know where else to go. I purchased a Losi5ive T a year or two ago with a Cat 5 motor and like a lot of you I'm interested in upgrading the motor. I don't race at all, just bash. I have seen numerous vids with the 46cc installed in the Baja but not the Losi, with the weight difference between the two would I be better off going with a 65cc over the 46cc? I'm looking for a motor combination that is half way controllable but still don't want to be wishing for more at the end of the day. LOL Back in my hot rod days the last street car I had was a 1972 Gran Torino with a 522 cu in with a Pro fogger NOS system along with numerous other upgrades to help keep it together, so overkill is not new to me, hahaha. I thought I read where a couple guys on this post are in the process doing Losi builds, what route are you guys going?
Thanks in advance
Pete
HaHa! At this time I won't be doing a big bore losi but understand 120% about wanting overkill power! I truly think the 46 will be very nice in the losi. I have seen in person a 70 in a losi 5ive. And tho it's cool, there doesn't seem to be enough support for heavy duty drivetrain parts for it. I personally think with the parts available for the losi I think the 46 will be great. Get some tuning time on that and go to the 65 later. But with these motors I ad site people with experience with 2strokes to look at them. I am not doubting your mechanical experience but have seen guys with mechanical experience not know what they where doing then bash the product when it didn't perform. So just know these bigger motors take a bit more patience. And the nice thing is you can slap on a stock 990 carb have some fun and you will be able to tune for more after you learn a bit more. Mod the carb and get even more. :gunsmilie:

Oh I've seen that Brians video of the 65 in the losi..my jaw hit the ground that hard it hurt!!
The way that 65 was moving the losi across that field and the huge rooster tails..un believable...now if only if someone can make a video of it in a baja doing wheelies, it would make my day

reedcase_chris

Check mannys videos out of a 46 in the baja.. just search rcmax 46.. blue caged one. That video of the 65 im pretty sure is still the 46, i guess he didn't tell the camera man on the motor change.. I'm pretty sure that's what Brian told us.

I've seen that 46 video many times..the 46 is good, but I love overkill, and for me the brute torque of the 70 and the way it throws the baja around like a lifeless rag doll, is EXACTLY my cup of tea ..I believe, better to have too much than too little and the 65 and 70 is my cup of tea ;)

Oli&Ril77's

I've seen that 46 video many times..the 46 is good, but I love overkill, and for me the brute torque of the 70 and the way it throws the baja around like a lifeless rag doll, is EXACTLY my cup of tea ..I believe, better to have too much than too little and the 65 and 70 is my cup of tea ;)
In that case, just look up DSCJester's channel on youtube or Courage68's channel on youtube. They will have a good amount of videos of the 70 in a Baja. Other than that, you will have to wait for someone to have the 65 in a Baja and then film it. I am getting a 65, but it will be for my Losi as I already have a 70 in the Baja.

Seen both they're videos ..in fact courage68s green 70 was one of the first ones I saw of the 70 and rcmax's one..from there on it was love at first sight ..very quickly!!

reedcase_chris

Welcome skeeter! All you lucky baja guys haha the losi version wont be out till spring, but with all the snow on the ground i dont mind! Im sure you will have a blast with it! Good choice btw! Manny said he had a batch coming in with one spare.. there going like hot cakes.

PGK

Thanks for the information and suggestions, good point on the driveline component availability, for the Losi, the ability to upgrade down the road is nice too. I'm up to our cabin this weekend, when I get back I'll check out some the vids you guys suggested.
Thanks again
Pete

Last edited:
eagerly waiting for someone to post a vid of a baja with the 65 upgrade!! are we only talking a cylinder swap only or is there more to it than being this simple? heard somewhere that from 65 to 71 can be achieved via a crank change?? overkill? hell yeah!! but overkill is good!!
im def in the market to get the 46 already upgraded to the 65, complete with modded wt-990 carb ready to install..is this even possible or do I have to wait for the "upgraded components" side of things? reason being although the 46 looks powerfull, give me a few weeks I will want more..might as well get the baddest setup straight off the bat

Last edited:
Thread starter #133

dscjester

eagerly waiting for someone to post a vid of a baja with the 65 upgrade!! are we only talking a cylinder swap only or is there more to it than being this simple? heard somewhere that from 65 to 71 can be achieved via a crank change?? overkill? hell yeah!! but overkill is good!!
im def in the market to get the 46 already upgraded to the 65, complete with modded wt-990 carb ready to install..is this even possible or do I have to wait for the "upgraded components" side of things? reason being although the 46 looks powerfull, give me a few weeks I will want more..might as well get the baddest setup straight off the bat
I believe you are swapping the cylinder and piston for the 65 from the 46. I also believe Chris is not going to do the 71? The 65 was producing more.