Racing and display at Byford Motocross track Henley Park

brewer01

Posted for jamie: Also on walsoa forum.

Well guys I think we may have finally found a place to start racing and getting our club going.

I spoke to the president of the Byford Motocross track a few days ago and got this email reply from him today :

Hi Jamie,
I have had a chat with the vice president and some committee members on Sunday and we are more than happy to have a look at what your club has to offer.
We can see a possible win win situation and also an added attraction at club runs for both clubs and attract more spectators.

We have a club run coming up on Sunday the 12th June and invite your club to attend and use the arena cross track. You will have this all day at no cost.
This will give all our members a look at what your club is and your club can see what we do and we can go on from there.
There will be a canteen and a bar available on the day.
Please advise of your thoughts.

Best regards

Mick Jones
President LWMCC

As he says it could be a win win situation and I would like to see as many faces as possible attending to show of our hobby and get the ball rolling here so anyone that can make it please do so.

I went down and scouted the Arena cross track yesterday also and all I can say is it has great potential and they only use it once a year apparently.It's around 600m long with only table top jumps, around 10 I reckon, though they are big and 2 sections of whoops.There would be around 12 berms right the way around also.It needs some grading and smoothing but I hope to get it done before we get there.It already has full lighting plus everything else is also already there being toilets, pits, canteen etc.The biggest issue is being able to see all the way around as the jumps are large but we should be able to if we can get high enough.We can definatley make part of it fun though for starters.

Here is a view of the full property: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=byford+wa&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hl=en&hq=&hnear=Byford+Western+Australia&ll=-32.264872,116.013951&spn=0.006178,0.018024&t=h&z=17

Last edited:

lladrocat

Hi only went to bajamania last year for the first time. It was a blast. This will make up for the cancelled one this year, after all I have spent $10,000 on the 5T and the 5B on the hop ups. Good to catch up and tear it up see u there:clap:

Posted for jamie: Also on walsoa forum.

Well guys I think we may have finally found a place to start racing and getting our club going.

I spoke to the president of the Byford Motocross track a few days ago and got this email reply from him today :

Hi Jamie,
I have had a chat with the vice president and some committee members on Sunday and we are more than happy to have a look at what your club has to offer.
We can see a possible win win situation and also an added attraction at club runs for both clubs and attract more spectators.

We have a club run coming up on Sunday the 12th June and invite your club to attend and use the arena cross track. You will have this all day at no cost.
This will give all our members a look at what your club is and your club can see what we do and we can go on from there.
There will be a canteen and a bar available on the day.
Please advise of your thoughts.

Best regards

Mick Jones
President LWMCC

As he says it could be a win win situation and I would like to see as many faces as possible attending to show of our hobby and get the ball rolling here so anyone that can make it please do so.

I went down and scouted the Arena cross track yesterday also and all I can say is it has great potential and they only use it once a year apparently.It's around 600m long with only table top jumps, around 10 I reckon, though they are big and 2 sections of whoops.There would be around 12 berms right the way around also.It needs some grading and smoothing but I hope to get it done before we get there.It already has full lighting plus everything else is also already there being toilets, pits, canteen etc.The biggest issue is being able to see all the way around as the jumps are large but we should be able to if we can get high enough.We can definatley make part of it fun though for starters.

Here is a view of the full property: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=byford+wa&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hl=en&hq=&hnear=Byford+Western+Australia&ll=-32.264872,116.013951&spn=0.006178,0.018024&t=h&z=17