Race Gas vs Pump Gas

rcnewbie

Hi guys,

I am BRAND NEW to this forum and with thousands of posts I looked around a bit and saw some Octane discussions.

Can I run 104 Octane Race Gas in these motors - or does it need some of the lubricants and "crap" from pump gas still. We only have 91 Octane on Supreme pump here.

Thanks in advance!

"Go Hard or Go Home!:gunsmilie:

Last edited:

crazy 5t

Yes it is ok. Just keep in mind that the higher the octane, the slower the burn. You may have to set your carb needles. If you're using a stock 26 motor you may just want to use pump gas. You won't gain in performance using race fuel, it will just smell good.

rcnewbie

Smell Good!

Yes it is ok. Just keep in mind that the higher the octane, the slower the burn. You may have to set your carb needles. If you're using a stock 26 motor you may just want to use pump gas. You won't gain in performance using race fuel, it will just smell good.
Let's face it - anything that burns gasoline and goes fast smells good!!!:gunsmilie:

crazy 5t

Let's face it - anything that burns gasoline and goes fast smells good!!!:gunsmilie:
Ah yes. This I do know. I'm putting 590 to the wheels, 5T not sure but it moves as well! Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but owning a baja B or T is a must have if your a true gearhead.