questions on road

Duran

Hi, I have a hpi baja ss and wanted to prepare to run on road.

I have hpi asphalt wheels, what could be done to down the chassis and thus be more stable on the road.

thx

hemmy50

slam it down low and stiffen the suspention.you can use silacone tubing inside the shocks on the shock shafts.get some hevy duty springs and add some hevy weight shock oil.you can cut the tubing for your shocks at 5/8 inch and use 40 weight oil in front and 60 weight in the back i use siacone oil in my shocks.in the pic i have lowerd it to an extreem by using 1 1/4 inch tubing hevy duty ram tec springs and 40 weight in front shocks and 60 in the rear plus i use 4 front shocks. when you get it this low you will have some work to do for the steering to be right.just stick with 5/8 tubing and you will be fine. good luck

powerstroke

hemmy what wheels are those in your pic?

hijack complete, seriously though I am also interested to hear if anything can be done for better on road stability as well. I would assume that Dark Soul Racing axle extenders would be of great benefit to on road stability.

Duran

WooooW, thx hemmy, nice car, that's what I'm looking for, have more pictures

List of necessary:

Tubing inside the shocks
Hard spring front and back
Hard oil in the shocks 40 front, 60 back

Excuse my English is not very good,

I do not understand, cut the dampers tube??

Thx

Last edited:

hemmy50

sorry i did not get any pics of the shocks.but unscrew the bottom of the shock remove the nut on top of the shaft and the damper slide the tubing down the shaft and put back together this will limit the ride high.your list is corect.the tires are grp.dont worry about your english my speling is bad sorry.

Duran

this piece is not cut??,

only gets the silicone tube in bastago damper to cut the movement

hemmy50

ok here you go you can see the silacone tube on the shaft.the longer the tube is the lower your car will sit.start with 5/8 inch any more you will have steering work to do.

Duran

ok, perfect

And the system mounted on front and rear shock absorbers, and when trimming the suspension travel does not change the length of the springs??
Thx