Poor braking

Thread starter #1

Dave88

Hi guys, I picked up a Baja 5B Kraken Sidewinder for Xmas and have been having trouble getting the brakes to work effectively. When I apply full brakes it takes the car a while to come to a stop. Do you have any ideas what I should be adjusting? Also I can’t seem to get the Fail safe system to work. When I switch off the transmitter it moves a bit but my understanding is the car is supposed to apply full brake. Is that correct?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Dave

There is a screw or knob at the end of ur linkage with a spring turn that in it should make your brakes better! If not maybe ur brake pads are glazed if your using stock hpi brakes u can roughen it up with some sand paper also u can do that with the brake disc rotors roughen them up and it should help alot. Or get upgraded FFRC carbon fiber brakes!

SWD

Media
What most of us do if you haven’t already is replace the spring on the brake rod with a piece of fuel tubing.

Once that is done if it still doesn’t work well enough to your liking is pick up a set of RCR brakes.

One last thing if all that doesn’t work you’ll need a more powerful servo. I’ve found any servo with under 200 oz/in is pretty much useless on the baja for consistent long term braking.

As for the failsafe I’m not sure since I’ve never used an RTR transmitter.