polished or anodized med blue opinions plse

Thread starter #1

jimmy4fingers

:mellow: so i tore my entire baja apart and polished every single aluminum part even the top skid plate in preperation for some blue anodizing but now that i polished everything i kinda like the polished help me out guys with a decision?? what should i leave polished and what should i anodize?? thaqnks jim

thedeeredog

Probably not. It doesn't look as great as yours but then again I didn't polish it much. Just gave it a bit of a shine. It's only gonna get bashed again anyway but just got sick of the purple. I have seen Bullfrog's car and I liked the look of his without the purple so I thought why not..

Modified RC

You temporarily blinded me jimmy! Nice job polishing, I say leave it polished. Maybe get it clear anodized(if there is such a thing) or like the anodizing on the RamTech parts.

Thread starter #10

jimmy4fingers

ok guys i am going ofr the anodized blue i wanna be a little differnt and also like blue.. x-cann is going to be anodized blue to and will be for sale new gaskets and hardware i just got a new v- 3

ProBajassrider

who is going to be doing your anodizing? cause when I polsihed my frame the place that rob took mine too wouldn't do it cause it was polished....Something too the fact it still has particles of the purple still in the alloy that wee cannot see.:glare: Thats why I ended up powder coating....

Modified RC

Maybe look into getting it powder coated with a transparent blue powder coating, since you have it so polished it would look great with transparent blue powder coating on it.

34Ford

If you anodize over the polish it will dull some. Just the nature of the acid in the solution as the die has to penetrate the pores.

You can get your polished parts powder coated with a blue candy and it will look killer cause the polish stays and shows thru the transparent candy color.

I did this with some red ,and I found that if you heat the parts first then apply powder on them while its hot you can color it till your happy with the richness.

Last edited:

AzteK

About buffing it up all shiny. What buffer do you guys use? im thinking of just getting a buffing pad for a drill, an do it that way. The only other two we got, is a tiny buffing drum for the dremel, and a large one for vehicals. What buffing system did you guys use? And on that note, is there a certain compound to get, or any is good?

ProBajassrider

About buffing it up all shiny. What buffer do you guys use? im thinking of just getting a buffing pad for a drill, an do it that way. The only other two we got, is a tiny buffing drum for the dremel, and a large one for vehicals. What buffing system did you guys use? And on that note, is there a certain compound to get, or any is good?
Believe it or not I use the honda polish that comes in a tube, almost all Honda cycle shops should carry this product.It comes in a red/white box with a picture of a goldwing/vfr on it and it has like a jewlers type paste in it....It works wonders on aluminum......I polished many cycle frames/swingarms/rearsets,upperclamps...

TurtleRacing

Media
I use my 6" bench grinder & a polishing wheel, some rouge from Lowes, the green rouge. Makes very quick work of it. If need, maybe some mothers to finish but usually the rouge does the best.

recon8541

jimmy i have been looking to get an xcan and looks like the one you have is the one i wanted(rear exhaust). i would be willing to take that off your hands, but dont ano it i want it in chrome, drop me a pm and lemee know what ya want for it!

Helicopter

Jimmy

Youv,e made a great job of polishing those parts and looking at your name heaven only knows what they would look like if you had 5 :lol: :lol: :lol:

No offence !!