Plug Wire Install

Slamnd60

Got my Craftworks Plug wire today ;) Thought I would make a little tutorial on how to install them since no one has yet :w00t:

Alright here is what you get with the wire, instructions, the wire, heat shrink and a TGN sticker :rockon:

Pretty easy install, so I won't go into a bolt by bolt tutorial but here goes :D

This is what you start with, pretty familiar if you own a Baja

Remove the fan shroud reference your manual if you do not know what bolts to take out ;) and you get this

Monsterman

MonstermanHBF
Staff member
Media
Nice pic turtorial will come in handy I know there was a lot of guys asking about this install a few weeks back

Slamnd60

Here is what we a looking for, this is where the wire is attached to the coil :D

I removed the coil but I am sure you can do it without removing it ;)

Un screw the original wire from the coil like so

Now slide the heatshrink over the new wire, don't forget this part or you will be pissed

Now screw the plug wire into the coil, like the original wire was unscrewed and you get this :D

Slamnd60

Now epoxy the wire into the coil, I am sure you could get away with not doing this part but it will help in the long run, trust me ;)

Slide the heat shrink down over the coil and wire

Use a heat gun, or lighter or ?? heat guns work best but there are tons of ways to do this.

Now re install the coil, don't forget the spacers if they fell off

They need to be on the head like this

Now you need to gap the coil, I have found that using a Fast Eddy business card increases power by at least 10hp :w00t:

Rotate the flywheel to find the high spot and slide the business card between the coil and the flywheel. While applying light pressure tighten the coil bolts.

Now we route the wire through the cylinder cover, you can re use the gasket from the stock wire but it will need to be modified to get through the wire, I chose to not use it ;)

Now reinstall the fan shroud and admire your new plug wire

Slamnd60

Nice work Matt,With that broken spark plug I would have to say Jimmy4fingers was around:lol::lol:
Yup Jimmy stopped by on My Bday and my Baja broke :D Had a nice little bash though ;) You are going to be stoked when you see the Needle on Sunday :w00t:

jimmy4fingers

sunday man only a 6 hour drive for me i'll be there dan and matt, oh wait thats right im going to buttercup instead where the real men run there baja's!! are you coming? TUSCON BOYS??

CraftWerks-RC

NICELY DONE!!! Thanks for posting this! It should help clear things up for everyone doing this install.

That orange looks sharp on your car!

As a side note or addition to this.....

Something to watch out for is where the coil wire meets the coil. Ideally, the sheathing( in Slamnds case the "orange" outer layer) should just about butt up to the coil when it is threaded all the way in. the You should be able to bottom out the wire when it screws into the coil. If the end of the wire(the "white" part) is too long, you can gently unscrew it and it can just be trimmed off with a razor blade to fit.

Slamnd60

Nice tutorial Matt.

Wow your last roof landing really jacked up the old spark plug cap:gunsmilie:
Yup :D ended the day pretty quick :lol: :lol: Forgot to bring my little toolbox of goodies :D

Got video of it somewhere :glare: I will try to post it

lgnitro

Decision made

That was very detailed, I debated on getting a new wire,now I will. What about when my DDM stroker kit comes in, can I pm you on detailed instructions on that install? LOL