please clarify ?

ATC Racing

i was at a local hobby shop today and the owner was telling me that with any stroker crank you have to run high octane over 95 -100 , and also hes running 100:1 saber amsoil no problems .

im curious , lol

thanks

Speedy

I was recently in contact with Amsoil (couldnt find their oil local)
was told
"The Saber Professional Oil is the best choice, but I would use it at 80: instead of 100:1 as you are racing it.

Thank you for this opportunity to respond to your question(s). As always, please feel free to contact us again if we can be of further assistance."

regards

Lt250dave

I'll stick with Sunoco 110 and Klotz @ 32:1

been through about 10 gallons now at that mix and never had any trouble

Speedy

I should have mentioned like Dave, I also run 32:1 (Stihl oil atm).
even If someone says 100:1 is alright I wouldnt do it, 32:1 gives me good enough performance :)

IMADMAN

Try do a search on here, I'm almost positive Lunatik tested some 100+ or 110 fuel w/ Zero performance gains. The only major difference was the cost.
I'm sure most manufactures recommend "premium" fuel or oil, but I highly doubt it is actually needed to get a fine running engine.

Lt250dave

Try do a search on here, I'm almost positive Lunatik tested some 100+ or 110 fuel w/ Zero performance gains. The only major difference was the cost.
I'm sure most manufactures recommend "premium" fuel or oil, but I highly doubt it is actually needed to get a fine running engine.
but after some guys spend $100 bucks or more for a top end, or spend hours porting by hand.....

Its worth a couple extra bucks per gallon for good gas. I'll pay $6.79 all day for race gas, still way cheaper than nitro at over $30 a gallon now

Lt250dave

I should have mentioned like Dave, I also run 32:1 (Stihl oil atm).
even If someone says 100:1 is alright I wouldnt do it, 32:1 gives me good enough performance :)
I only mix at 32:1 to get an even number of gallons mixed out of one quart of oil :gunsmilie:

IMADMAN

but after some guys spend $100 bucks or more for a top end, or spend hours porting by hand.....

Its worth a couple extra bucks per gallon for good gas. I'll pay $6.79 all day for race gas, still way cheaper than nitro at over $30 a gallon now
True, if you are willing to pop for it and your state actually has it. With the exception of 93 (the highest rating) the only other thing I can find locally and may be able to get is avgas.

Lt250dave

True, if you are willing to pop for it and your state actually has it. With the exception of 93 (the highest rating) the only other thing I can find locally and may be able to get is avgas.
I live less than 5 miles from a 1/4 mile dragstrip. they sell 110 there, plus there is three gas stations within 3 miles that have 110 year round, and the local cycle shop carries about 7 different types of VP race fuel. :gunsmilie:

8 Ball

the differance in the money spent on gas is pennies compared to what it costs to run this scale... high test or low,,, how fresh the gas is more important than the octan rating... The only reason I can see in getting the higher priced stuff is it does keep it's kick a little longer... FYI don't buy racing gas,,, go to your local airfield and talk to them about av gas.... better kick than Turbo Blue and it's usallly cheaper..

tmaxx26power

was told
"The Saber Professional Oil is the best choice, but I would use it at 80: instead of 100:1 as you are racing it.

Thank you for this opportunity to respond to your question(s). As always, please feel free to contact us again if we can be of further assistance."

regards
I'm sure there are several different opinions on the best choice of oils by Amsoil per application. I myself am a Authorized Amsoil Dealer and I recommend the Amsoil Dominator Racing Blend ran at 32:1 to 25:1. I honestly have never used the Saber version but the Dominator has never let me down in all the years of running highly modded 2 strokes. Unfortunately Dom oil is alot higher in price over the Saber.

IMADMAN

was told

regards
Got any cycle shops near by? I got a case of the prof. stuff off a a little hole in the wall cycle shop. All the big guy's I went to don't carry it. Other than that I heard good stuff about Maxima Castor 927 ?

Last edited:

Speedy

I'm sure there are several different opinions on the best choice of oils by Amsoil per application. I myself am a Authorized Amsoil Dealer and I recommend the Amsoil Dominator Racing Blend ran at 32:1 to 25:1. I honestly have never used the Saber version but the Dominator has never let me down in all the years of running highly modded 2 strokes. Unfortunately Dom oil is alot higher in price over the Saber.
Got any cycle shops near by? I got a case of the prof. stuff off a a little hole in the wall cycle shop. All the big guy's I went to don't carry it. Other than that I heard good stuff about castrol 927?
kool I have access to the Dominator, I want to check out some reputable smaller shops near by first (have a feeling they will stock it like IMAD mentioned)

IMADMAN

I live less than 5 miles from a 1/4 mile dragstrip. they sell 110 there, plus there is three gas stations within 3 miles that have 110 year round, and the local cycle shop carries about 7 different types of VP race fuel. :gunsmilie:
What the H3LL is a Dragstrip?!?!?!?!?:lol:
The closed ours down.:cursing: