Paypal, Canada

zignzag

Ok, I'm thinking of starting an account with PayPal so it makes it easier to order baja parts from ddm or other. What I would like to know is which PayPal to go with because I've seen PayPal Canada and other Paypal companies on the inter net. If there's any Canadians out there using Paypal can u let me know if u use PayPal Canada or an original version from the USA that's good if I'm ordering across border from Canada. Kind of confused why I see PayPal Canada and other Paypal companies out there. Also does Paypal charge interest on top of your purchase and are taxes and shipping costs included and shown to u so u know what the total cost is in the purchase. If I do decide to use Paypal I will be opening a separate account as well just in case there's a problem and the account freezes. Anyone can chime in on this but would like to know what some of u Canadians have done to start out with Paypal. Thanks and much appreciated

Last edited:

johnnymac

Im in Canada and have been using Paypal for years now. I have used it to buy items from stores in the US and Can. Also to pay other persons for buying used RC's, and also for selling used RC's. I have found it to be very secure. You do have to link it to an account / credit card. I have a separate small account and credit card just so I have that added security just for doing online things.
There are no charges from paypal to you if you buy from a company. ie. you buy products online.
They are the ones who pay the small fee to use paypal.

If you send a friend money ie. you buy a used RC from me.
Then there is a small fee to you only, not the person receiving the money.

Here is an excellent tool that tells you what charges are involved if any. You will notice that sometimes its free if you pay from your account but there is a charge if you use a credit card.

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=ZoRWMmCExg72tRp7cJVKVGnrNuNPLaclAIxStFuft0ocp7WMpWoeuZiQFiq&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d92b37e35c82a7c965120dd5a9b6ad0e3

Hope this helps....

Here is another good link that shows you all the costs.

https://cms.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=marketing_ca/fees

Last edited:

2fast4u

I have been using Paypal Canada for 4 months now and got lots in the U.S. and U.K.Yeah Paypal charges but very little,tax and shipping price shown.Only thing not shown is customs.

VertigoPerformance

Paypal is Paypal. One company with divisions in every Country mainly I think because each country has its own banking structure.
If you live in Canada and have a Canadian bank you would use Paypal Canada.
Paypal is a merchant service company, the receiver typically pays .30 cents plus 2.9% - 3.9% per transaction unless funds are sent as gifts in which case the sender has the option of paying a very small fee or charging it to the receiver. For some reason some countries pay a higher percentage fee.