Online shop that sells The 5sc ss kit

skeeters65

They dont make them anymore.

Only way you are going to find one is if someone happens to still have one. Been about a year since they stopped selling them.

Check ebay they pop up there every now and then. I got mine there about 6 months ago.

skeeters65

Thanks, ugh I was really looking forward to building my own

Keep an eye out on ebay.
Or put a WTB ad here. They are out there you just got to find them.

The other thing you can do is buy the cheapest 5b you can find on craigslist or something. Maybe around $400 or less.

Take it COMPLETELY apart clean everything and buy what ever new parts you need or want and convert to an SC while at it. You will end up with a like new sc for the same or less money and it will have better parts also.

That is what I wish I had done from the get go. Instead I bought a new 5sc SS kit and spent WAY TOO MUCH MONEY.

I have since done what I said above 4 times with GREAT results!!

NJ Fallen SC

Keep an eye out on ebay.
Or put a WTB ad here. They are out there you just got to find them.

The other thing you can do is buy the cheapest 5b you can find on craigslist or something. Maybe around $400 or less.

Take it COMPLETELY apart clean everything and buy what ever new parts you need or want and convert to an SC while at it. You will end up with a like new sc for the same or less money and it will have better parts also.

That is what I wish I had done from the get go. Instead I bought a new 5sc SS kit and spent WAY TOO MUCH MONEY.

I have since done what I said above 4 times with GREAT results!!
Thanks for the information man, you've been a great help.

I agree with skeeters look on eBay or craigslist for that matter particularly in the southwest states you might find one there .. And if can find a roller even better for one it will be cheaper and you can plop your own motor in for instance a obr prostock which is only 359$ That will be better than the cy it came with originally.

palcuz

what skeeter said +2

I've been modding a dirt cheap (300$) 5b. Super satisfying knowing how cheap I got it. I have hundreds in mods now but have not broke the bank. yeah it will still get very expensive but not spending twice on truck and mods. good way to go about it.

powerstroke

Your two months too late! I had a kit posted for sale on the forum, no bites at the time so I'm building it now. Agree with Skeeter and palcuz, after all the money I've spent with the upgrades(and not even done yet) it is way more economical to find a roller and build your dream machine from that platform.

GlennsBaja

I actually just waited around and bought parts when they came up for sale. I've got about $600 in my 5SC SS and it's got Trenchers and paddles, PCSC, Zenoah 26, and the front end and rearend are practically new and the chassis has 2 runs on it. I also have a bunch of TR parts, Killer Kables, new SC body, etc. not a bad idea to sit back and wait patiently.