On Road Build, The RoadRunner

Oli&Ril77's

Thanks, who knows, I may get worried and add a cage to it once I see how she goes.

I am sure, it will take me waaay longer to get the right set up than it did to build her up, change her and build her up again:)

maxit

Thanks, who knows, I may get worried and add a cage to it once I see how she goes.

I am sure, it will take me waaay longer to get the right set up than it did to build her up, change her and build her up again:)
Very slick looking forward to this one...its good to see the roof fits no mods to it??

Cheers

Oli&Ril77's

Very slick looking forward to this one...its good to see the roof fits no mods to it??

Cheers
Well, the roof is right on the ignition cables so I was wondering if anyone knows as to the whereabouts of where most of the heat dissipates out of these motors.

I am rough on my rides, so I will definitely need to mod up 2 bars coming from the wing holes (maybe) so that they can go over the heads. In a rollover I am not too scared of the pipes getting nicked, but I cannot afford to nick the heads and mess with there cooling properties.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

maxit

Well, the roof is right on the ignition cables so I was wondering if anyone knows as to the whereabouts of where most of the heat dissipates out of these motors.

I am rough on my rides, so I will definitely need to mod up 2 bars coming from the wing holes (maybe) so that they can go over the heads. In a rollover I am not too scared of the pipes getting nicked, but I cannot afford to nick the heads and mess with there cooling properties.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
There is this
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6411/.f

http://www.davesmotors.com/tr234

I have this I think is the best..

http://www.davesmotors.com/tr238_5

itzantm4n

Looking good Manny. Im jealous as that's the vision I had for my onroad. IMO I run mostly on road and I don't flip unless I try to do a sharp turn going well over 50-60 MPH. I agree with Dave on the nerf bars. As for gearing options, what are you trying to achieve? The last time I clocked my on road, I hit 67mph in 300 ft with a bsw 2 speed 19/55 & 23/51. This was with a obr 29.5 fullmod LR. Btw. Where did you get that wheelie bar? I've been trying to find one myself.

Oli&Ril77's

Thanks for this Rino, I actually am using option 3 of your list. The obstacle I encounter with it that it does not play nice with the Swiss Iow roof. If you have it and use the roof you will see, I will try to post a picture tomorrow. Heck, maybe I just cut the stock rollbar at the wrong angle for it.

For these setups, I always envisioned something like what the FG Marder has where it comes straight down right after the cylinder.

Between alot of us here, I am sure we will figure it out!

Oli&Ril77's

Looking good Manny. Im jealous as that's the vision I had for my onroad. IMO I run mostly on road and I don't flip unless I try to do a sharp turn going well over 50-60 MPH. I agree with Dave on the nerf bars. As for gearing options, what are you trying to achieve? The last time I clocked my on road, I hit 67mph in 300 ft with a bsw 2 speed 19/55 & 23/51. This was with a obr 29.5 fullmod LR. Btw. Where did you get that wheelie bar? I've been trying to find one myself.
Thanks Ant,

I am just looking to achieve pure tarmac fun with the ride. I intend to use it in big parking lots and at the FB drag spot and airport strip. Thanks for the heads up on the gearing. I have from 21/53 and up to play with and will be running a single speed. If I ever do take it out for a speed run, it will definitely be with the cage on.

The wheelie bar is from CC Racing, a second edition of it. It is good, but I am awaiting a Buddy of mine to make one, after that I will let you know if I part it out!

banshee

God that would suck balls to roll that over wo cage! Looks super cool seeing twins not under cages..i would be a nervous wreck, ESP with all the coin that went into these pipes! I love it when your not lazy and post pics :)

Oli&Ril77's

God that would suck balls to roll that over wo cage! Looks super cool seeing twins not under cages..i would be a nervous wreck, ESP with all the coin that went into these pipes! I love it when your not lazy and post pics :)
Ha ha! You ARE right about me being lazy but to be honest, I have rolled over my B with the Bartolone Torpedo single pipe and walked over all scared to find that nothing happened to the pipe. So really, I am more concerned about the heads as they there to cool and I want to preserve that. But at the end of the day, I am mad impulsive & get trigger happy at the blink of an eye. And that's when crap happend:innocent:

banshee

Haha!! Very true with me too..hell last sept after running,i decided right then and there, I'm getting a twin! Sold my motor, and have been working towards my goal for 6 months!!! Can't wait for vids of this on road...is it ok weather wise where you can run now? We are above freezing now, but got some more snow

maxit

Thanks for this Rino, I actually am using option 3 of your list. The obstacle I encounter with it that it does not play nice with the Swiss Iow roof. If you have it and use the roof you will see, I will try to post a picture tomorrow. Heck, maybe I just cut the stock rollbar at the wrong angle for it.

For these setups, I always envisioned something like what the FG Marder has where it comes straight down right after the cylinder.

Between alot of us here, I am sure we will figure it out!
look i have just ordered a heep of Fg baja parts for there cage im looking at making something out of that. I might post some pics soon.

Oli&Ril77's

Hey, so trying out a different rollbar application, bad pictures, I know, but I get about a 1/2 inch separation now and much more cooling.

Getting great advice from forums here so keep it coming!