New track comming to Middle Georgia!!

Thread starter #1

GLM308

We have been working closely with the hobby shop near by(CMJ Hobbies) to build a 1/5 scale r/c track and we are breaking ground on the track in the next few weeks or so.

Anyone in the middle Georgia area or planning to pass threw I encourage you to stop in and check out our progress.

We currently are utilizing their 1/8th scale track at the moment and we are racing every Saturday (weather permitting) from noon to dark. Our normal turn out is 6-10 1/5th scale 5b, 5t,5sc, adn a few Losi 5ive T. All are welcome but are expected to respect the track and other drivers.

Greg

hairdog

An actual address would be great for those that would like to come out. Also check out the Git-ir-done motor speedway Facebook page to check out some fun oval racing. It's a blast.

Thread starter #3

GLM308

Here is a link to the Hobby shop web site that owns the track.

CMJ Hobbies

Their address is:

CMJ Hobbies
6875 Hwy 341 S.,
Roberta, Georgia 31078

As of right now the Hobby shop does not stock 1/5th scale parts but we are working closely with the management of the shop to try and get all of the R/C 1/5th scale needs covered.

We welcome all people and enjoy having some competitive fun on the track. Come out and make some friends and have sum fun with us on Saturdays!!

Greg

Dirby

i believe the B29 in the video belongs to Mac Hodges.
mac owns a flying field and hobby shop in Andersonville Ga
i have seen his B29 fly several times.

rodslnger

i believe the B29 in the video belongs to Mac Hodges.
mac owns a flying field and hobby shop in Andersonville Ga
i have seen his B29 fly several times.
Yes the b29 is macs. Hodges hobbies has closed all of his inventory was bought out by cmj hobbies.

Thread starter #6

GLM308

Mac is a great guy and had a wonderful business!! Everyone around here was mournful when he decided to close up the hobby shop.

As rodslnger stated CMJ Hobbies taken over the stock and is now the main hobby shop in middle Georgia. The local crowd of RC enthusiast are supporting CMJ Hobbies to the best we can. With all of our support they have been gracious enough to allow us to design and hopefully soon begin building the newest and possibly the only 1/5th scale track in Georgia that offers more than a flat oval.

We plan to have great jumps and fast banked turns mixed with long straights and hair pin corners. This track could possibly put a more competitive edge to the 1/5th scale class of RCers in the middle Georgia area and help put CMJ Hobbies on the map as a supporter of HPI 1/5th scale.

Greg