New losi desert buggy XL

bajakid

Leave fuel lines and rubber grommet alone. Take gas cap off I used pick with hook to pull fuel line up to the gas cap hole then grab with fingers. Won't hurt anything. Lines in my tank were pretty long

electricrc68

Leave fuel lines and rubber grommet alone. Take gas cap off I used pick with hook to pull fuel line up to the gas cap hole then grab with fingers. Won't hurt anything. Lines in my tank were pretty long
Hmm...none of the lines seem to be connected to my gas cap...they are all just connected to the fuel tank itself.

bajakid

No lines connected to gas cap just take off stick pick into gas tank to pull fuel lines up to hole

zeroescence

Took mine out today. Ran awesome till it just had no throttle input. So I popped the cage off and the screw holding the throttle arm to the L shape plastic pivot point just stripped and came out.

Rigged it up to work and went back out. Same problem and I figured out why. It's binding in like 3 places. Not good. So I called Horizon and they are going to send me a replacement throttle section. Hope it works.

electricrc68

I was able to get a ten minute run in today to test out my DBXL. Its MUCH better now! Runs great! It just needs some tuning and then it will be good to go. I found that it veers off to the left a lot though and needs a lot of trim. Going to probably have to manually trim that.

Took mine out today. Ran awesome till it just had no throttle input. So I popped the cage off and the screw holding the throttle arm to the L shape plastic pivot point just stripped and came out.

Rigged it up to work and went back out. Same problem and I figured out why. It's binding in like 3 places. Not good. So I called Horizon and they are going to send me a replacement throttle section. Hope it works.
Dang that sounds like it sucked! :( Sorry to hear! Is there any way of telling if its going to strip out such as too tight, etc.?

bajakid

I ran into same steering trim issue was about to look at it now see what can be done

Zero that does suck but at least there sending u a replacement.

zeroescence

I was able to get a ten minute run in today to test out my DBXL. Its MUCH better now! Runs great! It just needs some tuning and then it will be good to go. I found that it veers off to the left a lot though and needs a lot of trim. Going to probably have to manually trim that.

Dang that sounds like it sucked! :( Sorry to hear! Is there any way of telling if its going to strip out such as too tight, etc.?
It seems as if the spring in the arm connected to the servo horn wasn't compressing making me think the plastic piece that slides on the arm was not sliding but binding. After putting oil on it it was fine, but the oil attracted dirt making it worse. We will see once I get the new one if it was just a faulty unit.

electricrc68

It seems as if the spring in the arm connected to the servo horn wasn't compressing making me think the plastic piece that slides on the arm was not sliding but binding. After putting oil on it it was fine, but the oil attracted dirt making it worse. We will see once I get the new one if it was just a faulty unit.
Hmm I think I may check mine when I try and trim my car out. Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully your new unit works well.

I ran into same steering trim issue was about to look at it now see what can be done

Zero that does suck but at least there sending u a replacement.
Let me know what you find about the steering. :) I'll have to take a look at mine as well.

bladeguy5

Mine is down waiting on a center Diff from ebay as well as a rear center drive shaft arrrgggg.. called horizon and once the parts come off backorder they will be sending them to me for free but i could not wait till there eta of next month for the center diff restock.. according to them my center diff must of locked up causing the pin on the shaft to break and they are pressed in so buying a grub screw/pin will not work.

Himoto

that is not plastic, it's silicone tubing. It's compression is between a spring and a plastic piece. Kinda like a "bumper" on your brakes. If you can not rotate that with the tip if your finger then clean it. Dirt is not your friend. wd40 is. This thing is more like a dirt bike than an rc car in the cleaning aspect.

Last edited: