My rezzies for the Losi

jumping digger 5t

JR, you are the man! I cannot believe how well my Losi handled at the West Coast Large Scale Nationals.
If anybody knows me, I'm more of an Oval Guy. Off road ain't my thing, but I have to tell you last weekend at the West coast Nats, I was pretty fast.
I started out running my usual spuratic laps in qualifying. After a little couching from John Shultz and Chris Siga my driving settled down.
Both commented on how good the truck worked and how smooth it was. As the track became more rutted, my truck seemed to preform much better. It handle all rough sections, the two doubles, and turned on command.
I ended up qualifying 4th for the A Main Sportsman class. (I ain't never qualified pass the B main in any off road event!) As my main started, I got punted to the rear of the field in the second turn, but I managed to climb back to second midway through the race and was gaining on the leader. With three minutes left in a 25 minute race, the bolt fell off the upper shock mount. ( damn mechanic! Hahah). I hung on to finish fourth.
You set my rezzies up in North Carolina, I never touched them. Same oil, same jets, same everything. It was the most fun I have ever had racing! The truck took everything I threw at it.
For me to be able to compete at that level, I was a winner either way. Had a blast, and tons of comments on the truck and how well it worked.
THANK YOU!

jumping digger 5t

JR, I know Im a little behind the eight ball on this, but my truck handled awesome during the Large Scale Nats! My original post says it all. Truck handled perfect!
Thank You again for making me look good!

Oh, and by the way, didn't you finish behind me? Hahahahahahahahaha.

Chitown5BSS

What is the recommended shock spring and oil weight for the Rezzies? My truck (hog) weighs 44 lbs. Though I bash, I'm looking for an ideal racing setup.

Threshold

JR, I know Im a little behind the eight ball on this, but my truck handled awesome during the Large Scale Nats! My original post says it all. Truck handled perfect!
Thank You again for making me look good!

Oh, and by the way, didn't you finish behind me? Hahahahahahahahaha.
Your welcome Henry! Glad you like them and that I could help. I had a great time there racing and wished I would have beaten you! Next time I won't set your shocks up as well so I can beat you! LOL! Looking forward to racing you again and maybe I will win our battle!

J.R. / Threshold

Threshold

What is the recommended shock spring and oil weight for the Rezzies? My truck (hog) weighs 44 lbs. Though I bash, I'm looking for an ideal racing setup.
There is no perfect set-up for everyone, but I would recomend that you run the stiffest springs you can get. I run DDM's HD front springs on all 4 shocks. The fronts have a higher .lb rating than the stiffest rear springs due to them being shorter. I think they are 14lb. rated. I also run 30wt Losi oil in all my shocks. You may need to run 32.5wt in your rear shocks, but I don't think any higher (35wt) would work, too slow of stroke would make suspension "dead" feelling. I hope this helps, but like stated before, you need to try out different setups to find what you prefer.

J.R. / Threshold

Oli&Ril77's

Hello all!

Do not mean to jack the thread but i would just like to add the following:

I am a straight up basher and I am HARD on my cars! My Losi gets treated the worst as it can take it the best.

I installed these rezzies in my Losi when they first came out. Now, I installed them just for looks as I have never had rezzies on any of my cars ever.

My losi has had the best shock setup it has ever had once these have been on! Guys that bash with me just love stepping on the car and commenting on how great the shocks feel on my heavy Losi. I have crashed, jumped (pretty high, there's a picture of it in my thread as well as the "let's run in Jersey thread") and ran the heck out of my car and these shocks continue to rebound as they did on day 1!!!

I even lost one of the reservoir screws and ran it for more than 2 tanks and still no change in functionality! I know, I know, I should not have ran them like that, but it just goes to show you that I run them hard.

BTW, contacted J.R. before the Nats so I could purchase a replacement screw, as well as some extras for my pitbox and he stated that he could not get them out to me until his return from the Nats. Lo & behold (I had forgotten about it), and last week I had an envelope in the mail with the replacement screws at no charge to me!

Sorry I ranted on but I have not had the time to comment on the Rezzies to let everyone know that they are definitely worth every penny and more (just don't tell J.R.) :)